Dirt Cheap DIO Style motor- Michigan (not mine)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Dirt Cheap DIO Style motor- Michigan (not mine)

Post by evilone »

Gungatim wrote:That case turned out awesome! I've never tried walnut shells, are they as messy as sand?
I answered that question in a pm. For the rest of you, i do not know since the walnut shells are in a cabinet, but i'd have to say yes it's still messy. That soda blaster is sweet and so simple!

By the way, i used "black magnum" and "glass beads" not black walnut shell. I got the black magnum and black walnut shell mixed up. You can get the black magnum at link below.
http://www.consolidatedstripping.com
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

I E-mailed that guy about a billiontimes ,and got no answer either.

In one of my emails , itold him I would pay double what he was asking....still nothing.

I wanted that sccoter BAD!

Oh well ....atleast a fourm member got it.

Gungatim --- How would you like to trade a running 44mm bbk spree for that non-running elite? :D

Let me know.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
Gungatim
Noob
Noob

Post by Gungatim »

Sorry Trafficjamz, I think I will keep the Elite. As of now it is a nicely running machine! I cleaned the carb, did a little rewiring and kicked it over 3 times and it started right up. Seems to run pretty good even though it has 5k miles.

Thanks to Evilone, I now have most of the missing body pieces, just need the headlight assy and rear engine clutch cover to complete it. I thought I had an Aero headlight asy but it turns out it is from a razz. Of course I dropped it and smashed the lense when I was pulling it off the shelf so now it is junk, but I may graft it on until I can find an original.

The back tire was completely bald, but I went through my stash of parts and found a nearly new replacement off a Sundiro. I pulled off the old one and decided to wire down the rust and repaint the rear wheel before I put the new one one, so I haven't taken it out into the snow yet.

Exhaust already had the washer drilled out, so I baked it in my garage woodstove and wired it down too, it will get a nice coat of rustoleum barbecue paint today.

Since it came with no keys, I pulled the old keyswitch out, and, looking again through my hoard, I found an original '68 chevy keyswitch with original GM key that actually fits right in. It will now start just like a car when you turn the key! pretty cool!
Current lineup:
'66 Honda CT-90
'70 Solex
'74 Solex Horse
'77 Hobbit
'78 PA50II
'78 Express
'81 Express II
'79 Puch Maxi-Luxe
'87 Razz
'95 Elite
'51 PM putt-putt
'64 Daimler-Puch
Happy Time 80cc motorbikes (2)
Man, I really need a Spree!!
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

I bet I could shoot baking soda in my current setup.
I never tried it.

I could just get a box of arm & hammer and test it out.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

You show off. :peace:

harbor freight sell baking soda... for soda blasting.
"Like I tell people all the time Speed cost money ..if you have to ask how much then most times your not going to do it !" -tru72

--\\\Projects\\--
95 Elite Restore Project for Wife
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150