What is a stock vari worth?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

What is a stock vari worth?

Post by eliteguy50 »

I was asked today what the stock vari was worth for a 94 sa50p. It is in great shape, complete with rollers, ramp, restrictor plate, and the pully plate(anybody remember the name of this part, the drive shive). I don't know so I am opening up the question to the forum.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Wheelman-111

Re: What is a stock vari worth?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Well, I have the restrictor plate for sale in WTB/FS for $249.95... :)

Actually according to this site, you could pay well north of $150 for all the bits combined. That DayWot Keli's lookin' pretty good right about now, isn't it? I have a spare SA/16 drive face fixed plate or two if you need one. I'll throw it in for free if you buy my restrictor plate. :naughty:
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

It all depends on area, and the buyer's need.

On the mainland, if the buyer needs one right now, it might be worth a lot.

In Hawaii, maybe $10 depending on what rollers are in it :P
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

That's a tough one. I suppose it's really worth what ever someone is willing to pay. To an unknowledgeable shopper, it might be worth $50 to restore a non fuctioning unit. To an expirence forum member, it's worth not much - but you never know when you might need one for a switch and the like.

If I had to put a number on it, I might say $25ish. A price as such both seems like not a rip off and not outrageous for a pristine part. I'm sure they sell on ebay for greater amounts from time to time.
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

I was asking a friend about a potential swap a few years ago. He was far more knowledgeable than I on the items. On my item, he said, "whatever you think it's worth". On the other item, "whatever HE thinks it's worth". He wasn't much help to me, but made the point.

In consideration of prices on upgrade vari mods, I would think a used stock vari would be worth 1/2 what the new mod would be. So I'll go with Mr. Pibb... $25.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes