Is your Honda ELITE S/SR completely stock???

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Surfing
Noob
Noob

Is your Honda ELITE S/SR completely stock???

Post by Surfing »

My friend said he is going to keep his moped completely stock. Reliable and troublefree. He says when he sells it, a virgin untouched moped will be WAY more valuable than a highly modded one. I think if it is cherry and like new condition, he can get his money back or even make a profit. If you dump ALOT of time and money into a moped, chances are will not recoup any of it.

Are you gonna keep your af16e ELITE stock???
bigluelok
Elite
Elite

Re: Is your Honda ELITE S/SR completely stock???

Post by bigluelok »

he will only get what the buyer thinks its worth.
CH80
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Uh, why Yes, Officer. It's completely stock. Just like it came from the factory. :wink:

Actually this scooter is a deep hole in the parking lot into which I just pour money. For the dollar amount I've "invested", I could be riding a really nice vintage CB900, a GSX-F 750, and a clapped-out VF 1100C. Unfortunately I cannot carry any of those upstairs to the Boudoir. And where is the fun and Glory in going 60 MPH on 1100ccs?

For me the point is not to recoup the expenses in resale value. It's not saving money in gasoline, either. My 1200 Sportster gets better mileage than Flash. I'm pretty sure the Family Truckster does too. It's certainly not the prestige of scooter-riding, and it sure does nothing to attract the babes. (Well, maybe some really nerdy ones... :) ) The point of modding is the process. Imagining what could be, locating and procuring the parts as cost-effectively as possible, overcoming the challenges of getting everything to fit and in tune. It's all been educational and fun, and so it continues.

There may come a point when other priorities must precede this hobby, but I've enjoyed every step. :happy:
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Surfing wrote:He says when he sells it, a virgin untouched moped will be WAY more valuable than a highly modded one.
Foowy. From what I have seen, a modded unit is always worth more than a stocker (in the same condition) but you will never recoupe all of your investment. Keep in mind these scoots are only 10-15 years old, still a daily scooter rather than a collector piece. Yes, 30 years from now, an unmolested unit would be worth more.
Surfing wrote:Are you gonna keep your af16e ELITE stock???
I used to but never again. I would remove the restrictions in the stock unit, maybe even add a variator. I will not 'build' every af16 but I will get it to go at least 36mph. I did pull the original motor on my current elite and build a spare that I swapped into it. So I guess that is kind of like keeping it stock (but sitting on a shelf).
Last edited by eliteguy50 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Post by aerorob »

Where will this stock scooter be. Riding? My stock dio was a dog and I would have gotten worked over on most streets completely stock. At least add a vari and have fun with it. You are talking to the wrong people about keeping scooters stock :smile:
My modded elite is worth every peney I have into it! (To myself) :wink:
2001 Elite SR48mm big bore, 90/90, keli vari, yws V8 30mm pipe, 8.4:1 gears 62 mph gps
2WF
BMX
BMX

Post by 2WF »

Surfing wrote:My friend said he is going to keep his moped completely stock. Reliable and troublefree. He says when he sells it, a virgin untouched moped will be WAY more valuable than a highly modded one. I think if it is cherry and like new condition, he can get his money back or even make a profit. If you dump ALOT of time and money into a moped, chances are will not recoup any of it.

Are you gonna keep your af16e ELITE stock???
In Honolulu, Hawaii a stock-low miles-mint condition moped will be valued much higher than most of your vanilla 72cc Polini Corsa and Stroker setups b/c BONE STOCK factory new condition is uber rare here. I remember hanging out at one of the moped tuning shops here and a guy pulls up in a stock ELITE SR. Everyone in the shop were offering cash on the spot. The shop owner even offered the guy a brand new SYM DD50 in trade :rock:

Mopeds are in high demand in Hawaii...especially Honda. I want a Yamaha JOG :coolcruise:
elite_dub
Spree
Spree

Post by elite_dub »

yup a stocker is worth way more but only to a true enthusiasts... like an all original Shelby or Chevelle SS or a Baby Window VW bug.. I'd leave it stock with just a Polini Corsa and upgraded pulley atleast be a little faster :D
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

Moped is a good transportion in hawaii. :coolcruise:

Dont need to pay parking, waiting for city buses, drive car to work,
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

How about stock dio engines are they sought after in Hawaii?
I like to trick my scooters cause I like to race cars and watch them eat my dust. I can beat any car in the city. Well at least if they dont use the freeway.
hehe :mrgreen:

Taz
TURN1
Spree
Spree

Post by TURN1 »

Keeping it stock. :woot:

Pass on the ALOHA Spirit!!!
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

That is beutiful. Wow. Wish mine was that clean.

Taz
elite_dub
Spree
Spree

Post by elite_dub »

TURN1 wrote:Keeping it stock. :woot:

Stop posting pictures of your bike Mark, sell that thing to me and keep working on your Jog's :P :naughty:
TURN1
Spree
Spree

Post by TURN1 »

Jay, you have some of the dopest machines on Oahu. BTW, do you know anyone with a dually Toyota pickup? I saw one this am with a green PUCH w/Magnum upper fairing. I don't think it was Brian's b/c he has a 2005 SWB Tacoma. Just wondering.

Bump it up for the stockers :rock:
TURN1
Spree
Spree

Post by TURN1 »

tazland001 wrote:That is beutiful. Wow. Wish mine was that clean.

Taz
Thanks bro. Bought it just like that. Has 600 miles after several moped cruises. No mods. 45mph good enough :coolcruise:
elite_dub
Spree
Spree

Post by elite_dub »

Mark that's probably Brian he uses a friends truck to transport his bike, he used it at the last Puch GTG. Only other guy with a toyota dually is Bruiser.