Thumbs up for daywot

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Thumbs up for daywot

Post by Lunytune »

I bought a 65cc bbk for a 99 rebuild and broke a ring in assembly. Patrick couldn't get me a ring, but several days later, he found a piston kit in his stock, with only one ring. He thought of me instantly and offered the $40 kit for $20. I only needed the ring, but this bailed me out cheaper than any other route, and now I have some extra parts. It's not easy to find a 45mm ring.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
ZMUD
Spree
Spree

Re: Thumbs up for daywot

Post by ZMUD »

I have the 66cc bbk for daywot and know what you mean. I thought I was going to break a ring but got lucky . be careful on the new one. and you'll be pretty happy with that kit it made a big difference!
94 elite 50s
----
66cc bbk
118jet/Pre-Mix32:1
1"uni-filter,Keli 9g
1k center,8.44 gears,ZX Trans
V8 Pipe,IRC MB38 80/90 tires
H4 H.I.D

94 elite 50sr
-----
50mm BBK,105jet
1" Uni-Filter,8:44gears
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Spreading the rings onto that same kit from Daywot was the most nerve racking part of the build for me! That was even after all of my troubles getting the magnito off and breaking the stator! :surprise:
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

2nd pat-on-the-back for Patrick.

-He has ALWAYS been totally reliable and has helped me out whenever i have bought parts from him that i needed to exchange or return. :2thumbs:

-Great guy to deal with and he will always come thru with top-notch stuff. As well, Patrick has MANY more parts that he does not list on Ebay for Honda scooters. If you ever need hard to find stuff, just ask him; he will most likely have it or can get it. Fast!

-jon
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Spreading the rings onto that same kit from Daywot was the most nerve racking part of the build for me!
Yeah Fishman, I was nervous too on my second attempt. I had even polished the bevel on the bottom of the cylinder, but at the first attempt, backed off and pulled the piston, installed it on the bench and then installed the assembly to the rod. This is my fourth rebuild and first time I've broken a ring, or even had any nervous moment.
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

I just picked up some "ring spreaders" at the auto parts store for the Dio build, I don't want that stress again.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Fishman43 wrote:I just picked up some "ring spreaders" at the auto parts store for the Dio build, I don't want that stress again.
My breakage was not while installing the ring on the piston, it was while attempting to slide the jug down over the piston. The worth of ring spreaders is you save fingernails. For some reason, my fingernails aren't as tough as they were when I was 20... or even 30... or 40 or 50. Same with my skin. It sure does tear easy. :sad:
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Lunytune wrote:My breakage was not while installing the ring on the piston, it was while attempting to slide the jug down over the piston.
Oh great now I get that stress, or I have to track down one of those piston ring compresion straps used to get pistons into car engines. :sad: