how to hotwire a scooter?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

drizzle
Elite
Elite

how to hotwire a scooter?

Post by drizzle »

we bought a yamaha razz, with title and all, and when we went to go buy a key, it ended up costing $125, because we gotta buy a whole new ignition.

if worst comes to worst and my father is upset with the hotwiring, we'll just buy a whole new ignition anyways. but i digress. how do i hotwire a yamaha razz? there's 4 wires coming from the ignition... maybe somebody has done it?
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: how to hotwire a scooter?

Post by martynkim »

So, How were you able to tell if it ran? :naughty:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

ah, the 'ol "it ran when parked" story...

here's the story of how we got it-

called my dad to come pick me up one day 'cause i got a flat tire on my bike. he comes with the van, opens it up, and i find a razz just... sitting there. "who's scooter is that?" "ours. bought it from a customer." "oh, okay."
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

ehh.. It probably will run. Most people are honest. If ya come across something you need for it LMK Im parting one and I still have pretty much everything.
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

the thing's in absolutely mint pristine condition. nearly showroom. just need a key... or know-how of hotwiring.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Something's wrong here. Assuming the Razz is built similar to the other Yammerhammers such as the Jog, or the Honda scooters, pull the nose piece and you have access to the ignition. Wait a minute. The Razz is a moped, isn't it? Can't help on how to get to the ignition, but anyway... Remove it and any reputable dealer should be able to read the number on the ignition and duplicate the key. Am I thinking wrong?

At any rate, I would steer clear of that dealer. Try eBay. Lots of guys parting out scooters. I'm sure you can beat that price.

Hey, I love your response to your dad, "oh, okay."
Out of curousity, what did he pay for it?
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Lunytune wrote:Something's wrong here. Assuming the Razz is built similar to the other Yammerhammers such as the Jog, or the Honda scooters, pull the nose piece and you have access to the ignition. Wait a minute. The Razz is a moped, isn't it? Can't help on how to get to the ignition, but anyway... Remove it and any reputable dealer should be able to read the number on the ignition and duplicate the key. Am I thinking wrong?

At any rate, I would steer clear of that dealer. Try eBay. Lots of guys parting out scooters. I'm sure you can beat that price.

Hey, I love your response to your dad, "oh, okay."
Out of curousity, what did he pay for it?
I agree with Luny, That the switch assembly to a Yamahahaha dealer and he can make you a key. Hot wiring is asking for trouble. Makes it easy to steal (and the A--holes will steal anything) and if a cop stops you for any reason. Hot wired makes cops suspicious.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Lunytune wrote:...Assuming the Razz is built similar to the other Yammerhammers such as the Jog, or the Honda scooters, pull the nose piece and you have access to the ignition. Wait a minute. The Razz is a moped, isn't it?
The razz is to the jog as the E is to the SR...similar body lines but a smaller, single speed variant for the wimpy "moped" laws.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Too bad the bike I have had the same problem. You can access the ignition by removing the horn cover and a few screws from the fairing. any ol generic switch should work. :smile:
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

well, it's painfully slow, and it smokes like a rastafarian... but it's been done.

I don't exactly plan on using this as a daily driver, that's what my lifan 110 and aero are for. i just wanted to, y'know, see if it would run. and it does. first kick.