1987 Honda Spree in Spokane

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

zuphilius
Elite
Elite

1987 Honda Spree in Spokane

Post by zuphilius »

So I just got done watching a movie on Hulu and I checked CL for anything interesting. The post said 49cc Moped for $100. I write the guy and it turns out to be a somewhat complete '87 Spree! All plastics in good condition with no cracks (except glove box), all tabs there, original key, with seat lock and ignition, no title, oh well, and it runs on top of it all. And he happens to be about 1/2 mile from the house. I zip down, put it in the 323 and bring it home to roost.
Yeah, I know, this thread is worthless without pics!!!!!

Enjoy.

Looks like ol' zuphilius has some cleaning to do....
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: 1987 Honda Spree in Spokane

Post by Trafficjamz »

I would start with a pressure washer. :smile:

You know when you see a knobby rear tire, that the PO beat the $hit out of it. :eyeroll:

I wonder if they took it over any sweet jumps. :smile:

What movie did you watch on HULU :popcorn:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Nice!!
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

Trafficjamz wrote:
What movie did you watch on HULU :popcorn:
Home of the Brave. Kinda slow, but not too long. It is set in Spokane, and I knew most all of the places!
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

I'm excited to see how this one turns out :smile:

Anything you need you know I got your back :naughty:
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

bradthreee wrote:I'm excited to see how this one turns out :smile:

You and Marty!!

I'm thinking of cleaning this one up and putting the BBK on it. It started right up, without the air cleaner assembly! :surprise:

I am missing the rear rack, the rear signals are broken off the T/L assembly, the fronts are missing completely, obviously needs a seat.

The front fender has seen better days and the fan shroud has a couple broken fins (are the fins needed? Or can I modify by removing the fins and put in some mesh?)

I think I'll replace the front fender, modify the T/L assembly and the broken glovebox to eliminate the signals to go with bullet signals.

Anyways, gotta go clean, after I get my wifes flat on her car fixed. :roll: I'll be in touch for a few things!!
LawlerClan
Goped
Goped

Post by LawlerClan »

zuphilius wrote:
bradthreee wrote:I'm excited to see how this one turns out :smile:

You and Marty!!

I'm thinking of cleaning this one up and putting the BBK on it. It started right up, without the air cleaner assembly! :surprise:

I am missing the rear rack, the rear signals are broken off the T/L assembly, the fronts are missing completely, obviously needs a seat.

The front fender has seen better days and the fan shroud has a couple broken fins (are the fins needed? Or can I modify by removing the fins and put in some mesh?)

I think I'll replace the front fender, modify the T/L assembly and the broken glovebox to eliminate the signals to go with bullet signals.

Anyways, gotta go clean, after I get my wifes flat on her car fixed. :roll: I'll be in touch for a few things!!
I have and 87 Elite I am parting out and I think the front turnsignals are the same as the 87 Spree. Let me know if you are interested. If not and you are not set on keeping the glovebox, I am looking for one as my 87 spree front turn signal mounting points are pretty beat up.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

guess you guys didn't watch the bounty hunter and big beth ride a cpi-gtr50 which i also own= now i know my scoot can handle 500+lbs :surprise:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!