****Un-Official Scooter Build Contest****

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Re: ****Un-Official Scooter Build Contest****

Post by veedubh20 »

Wheelman-111

Dubh's Scooter

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Nice pics, no details?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

the 86 spree had af16e ran with 50mm bore kit and fm 44.4mm mini stroke crank . Full S tranny drivetrain w/ 1500k center spring and keli pulley & keli ramp . Block is fully port on intake/exhaust and matching case w/ 50mm taiwan bore. Exhaust is pg long pipe. Gear kit is 6.8 final drive. It is very fast and goes over 75mph and near close to 80. Ct w/ 28mm Keihin pwk japan carb. Rear gold live zx Honda rim.
Last edited by veedubh20 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dem0nk1d
Elite
Elite

Post by dem0nk1d »

Sign me up for the 2010 build off.
"Like I tell people all the time Speed cost money ..if you have to ask how much then most times your not going to do it !" -tru72

--\\\Projects\\--
95 Elite Restore Project for Wife
1982 Honda Passport
2013 Honda PCX 150
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

I will enter. I have a honda pal and a honda tact(af16) I am going to rebuil from the frame up.
I have 5 dio engines(AF18) coming in and I will use one for my tact. this will be a full rebuild from scratch, Strating from just the frames. i will have all the bells and whistles. I will post pictures starting in late march once it warms up. i think i will custom paint it. what color do you think i should do? I can paint hella good on plastic. Use the bulldog and its all good.

Taz
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

veedubh20 wrote:the 86 spree had af16e ran with 50mm bore kit and fm 44.4mm mini stroke crank . Full S tranny drivetrain w/ 1500k center spring and keli pulley & keli ramp . Block is fully port on intake/exhaust and matching case w/ 50mm taiwan bore. Exhaust is pg long pipe. Gear kit is 6.8 final drive. It is very fast and goes over 75mph and near close to 80. Ct w/ 28mm Keihin pwk japan carb. Rear gold live zx Honda rim.
Wow that is very impressive for a spree. Your braver than me to drive that around. Wish we could set up a race for all of us hondaspree.net users. that would be *. Of course the Hawains would kick our main lander assesssss. :naughty:

taz
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Need more pics :nervous:
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

If the contest is over why is this not deleted?
PS3 it only does everything.
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

toad772 wrote:If the contest is over why is this not deleted?
For better or for worse, old threads don't get deleted on this forum.
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

There should be a start date posted for this. Have the 3 categories that were chosen, and sticky one thread for each category.

Allow one post from each member in the thread that he/she wants to enter the contest. Allow no comments in any of the 3 threads. If users post comments they should be removed by mods. Each user can edit their one post in the thread as many times as they would like. Having a before and after picture and 2 random pictures of what ever they want. That would keep the thread nice and clean.

I would say start the contest on Aug first, and give it six months. Six months would put us right at January on the end date of the contest. This would allow the contest to be run for a full year if people wanted to do it again.

After the 6 months is up, mods would lock the thread and then put up a poll. Then unlock the topic and users would be allowed to vote on their favorite build. Give the poll one month to run and then lock the topic again.

At the end of Feb when the poll is over mods can then put up a post of the winner as the last post of the thread. The thread can then be locked up and stickied somewhere.

-Rob
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

ALOW1 wrote:There should be a start date posted for this. Have the 3 categories that were chosen, and sticky one thread for each category.

Allow one post from each member in the thread that he/she wants to enter the contest. Allow no comments in any of the 3 threads. If users post comments they should be removed by mods. Each user can edit their one post in the thread as many times as they would like. Having a before and after picture and 2 random pictures of what ever they want. That would keep the thread nice and clean.

I would say start the contest on Aug first, and give it six months. Six months would put us right at January on the end date of the contest. This would allow the contest to be run for a full year if people wanted to do it again.

After the 6 months is up, mods would lock the thread and then put up a poll. Then unlock the topic and users would be allowed to vote on their favorite build. Give the poll one month to run and then lock the topic again.

At the end of Feb when the poll is over mods can then put up a post of the winner as the last post of the thread. The thread can then be locked up and stickied somewhere.

-Rob
It said the end date was January 15 2010 which has long passed
PS3 it only does everything.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

toad772 wrote:
ALOW1 wrote:There should be a start date posted for this. Have the 3 categories that were chosen, and sticky one thread for each category.

-Rob
It said the end date was January 15 2010 which has long passed
I must of missed that somewhere.
campusman
Spree
Spree

Post by campusman »

I know i'm 5 days late but I saw someone say you could be a week late or something..This contest started December 5th 2009 and he wanted to see scooters throughout the year...

here she is

87 drive shaft
seat has the red lining, came from my parts scooter as well
41mm bore, it pops perfect out of the stock exhaust...no problems whatsoever here
brand new battery
brand new drive belt
brand new petcock
brand new spark plug
basically new tires
clearest plastic speedometer cover you will ever look through besides new
(I used the as seen on tv scratch remover, do it!)

:peace:
God loves everyone
Therefore I know God
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

5 days? you are almost 11 months late. but nice spree looks good
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
campusman
Spree
Spree

Post by campusman »

mr pibbs wrote:I thought it would be great to catch up on all the builds throughout the year with a scooter build contest.
The rules are simple and meant to be broken:
1. Only one entry per person
2. Restorations are welcome, (engine rebuilds welcome)
3. Use as many pictures as you like, but don't be rediculus - and remember, a picture is worth athousand words
4. It would be best if the scooter had been built/restored in the past year, or atleast completed in the past year
5. Entries will be judged on overall awesomeness

After entries have been made, a poll will be added with all the scooters and votted on by all.

The Prize: respect.
God loves everyone
Therefore I know God