85 gyro cylinder

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

az_slynch
Spree
Spree

Re: 85 gyro cylinder

Post by az_slynch »

zuphilius wrote:Yeah, he could sell like...4?
bradthreee wrote:I know alot of Gyro owners would love to be able to go faster than 30mph. As for how many, who knows?
At least five. I'd get one too! Cheaper and less time-consuming than trying to import a Gyro X motor assembly.
'64 Vespa 90 (V9A1)
'65 Allstate Compact (DS60)
'74 Vespa 125 Primavera (VMA2)
'81 Vespa P200E (VSX1) (2)
'83 Yamaha Riva (XC180K) (2)
'84 Yamaha Riva (CV80L)
'85 Honda Spree (NQ50)
'86 Honda Gyro S (TG50)
'87 Honda Elite (CH80)
'89 Honda Elite E (SB50P)
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Sanj72 - start a build thread! :thumbsup:
That Honda EXpress pipe you are thinking about - was it all coiled up like this? - from treatland, says its a Honda Express pipe.
HondaExpreePipe.JPG
HondaExpreePipe.JPG (21.3 KiB) Viewed 2728 times

Taz - If you can get reasonable priced Gyro cyl cores (to keep you profitable) or an cyl exchange - offering a pre-bored kit might cover it for a while. The count is climbing - any one remember the movie "Max Headroom", where his first radio broadcast was 'where two's company and threes an audience'? :)
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

I also have another friend with a NN50 that would most likely want one. How many people would it take to get something like this started Taz?
sanj72
BMX
BMX

Post by sanj72 »

Status update got the cylinder bored & installed the 44 mm piston. Comp test shows about 155 psi. I just ran it a few times up & down the road. got up to about 27 mph (1/4-1/2 throt), didn't want to push it thought. I think the ehaust that i have on it is toast . I have a proma exp chamber pipe that I will mod. to fit (its the one for the nb50 aero). I'm also gonna have a buddy of mine work on the ports & see what we cando to I. I think with the 44 mm piston it may get to 35 mph I dont think that 40 is possible with the transmission. Taz what size jet (75 jet is in it now) should I run with this piston & the facotry airbox combo?
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

sanj72 wrote:Status update got the cylinder bored & installed the 44 mm piston. Comp test shows about 155 psi. I just ran it a few times up & down the road. got up to about 27 mph (1/4-1/2 throt), didn't want to push it thought. I think the ehaust that i have on it is toast . I have a proma exp chamber pipe that I will mod. to fit (its the one for the nb50 aero). I'm also gonna have a buddy of mine work on the ports & see what we cando to I. I think with the 44 mm piston it may get to 35 mph I dont think that 40 is possible with the transmission. Taz what size jet (75 jet is in it now) should I run with this piston & the facotry airbox combo?
I would try an 80 if your still running the stock airbox. But I would pick up some jets on either side of 80 so you have room to tune. It may be a bit rich at 80, but once you put an expansion chamber pipe on it, it will need a little more anyways...
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

I was thinking about doing a gyro BBK. They actually respond resonably well to a 44mm but a 48mm would be nice. hehe
The question is do all the american gyros use the same cylinder?? I never paid much attention in my shop. If they are all the same cylinder and someone has a used cylinder for a sample I might be able to arrange something. At least a 44mm kit would be nice. I am thinking of doing the Aero 50 as well. Do all the aero50's use the same cylinder? Again never paid much attention.

Taz
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

The 84 NN50 cyl with interchange with the 85/86 TG50, TG50's got a *slight* longer duration on the ports. Ive done the swap NN50 -> TG50, and all including exhaust bolts up.

For the Aero 50, I'm pretty sure the 84/84 is different from 85-87 cyl. But once into the 85-up, you are into AF05's alongside aftermarket folks that are left. MrPibbs has a list of AF05 bore kits. http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =0&hilit=q
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

sanj72 wrote:...I dont think that 40 is possible with the transmission.
I know for a fact that the Gyro TG50 can do 40mph. Mine did today on a steep downhill. I think it could've gone a little more but I didnt want the brakes to f-up.