Suggestion.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Dakine
Elite
Elite

Suggestion.

Post by Dakine »

So im tired of people trying to sell things and their price is make an offer?

I would think it would be better for there to be a mandatory minimum price or something....

Just a thought.

Dakine
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Suggestion.

Post by Bear45-70 »

No, I don't want anyone telling me what to charge or spend for things, whether I'm buying or selling.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Well I think people do that to either rip people off or they dont know the value of what they are selling.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

If you are too stupid to know what the value of the items you are looking for then you get exactly what you deserve. I always check what the dealer would want for the item, then adjust for new. There is one guy on flea-bay that ask more for his used stuff than new from the deal would charge. I never buy from him, mainly because there are always others on there that are not crooked and greedy. Just like noiseguy says at the top of the buy/sell page, buyer beware.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

I do think it would be nice if people would leave the price of an item on their thread instead of deleting everything and writing sold. That way we could look around to see what an item is worth. I don't want to rip someone off, including myself. I think it would help avoid situations where people feel insulted by an offer because there is really just not enough market data to base a decent offer on.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Wheelman-111

Dakine Also Accepts Offers

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth DaKine:
So im tired of people trying to sell things and their price is make an offer?
Often it is the case that the seller has little idea what to ask for an item, particularly a cheap but very common or a very rare part where there's no track record to follow. I think it's perfectly fine to post an ad asking "Make an Offer..."

Evidently until just now so did you, Dakine. This was extracted from your WTB/WTS/WTT ad in that section of October 1st: :hi:
Wts MAKE OFFER ON ANY OF THE ITEMS
1st Gen Scorpion pipe. Dents and Raffle but runs cherry.
Cherry Sef Black...
Or is it that you just don't want :wink: Other people to post "Make an Offer" ads?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

:thumbsup:

If you think your item is over priced why not write obo?

Im sure if someone where to write make an offer on something and you knew they offered way more then its worth you wouldnt tell them thats a little to much. Maybe if the item is of some rarity but other then that I dont know.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

OK but remember, you axt for it:

I offer $20 for the Scorpion pipe.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Asked for it? No I did not.

Thats pretty funny, you know the value of the pipe. Fastplastic just offered 75 shipped.

Im asking there to be a price for each item even if you have to put obo. You know for a fact id tell you no, thats a ridiculous offer. Instead of me telling someone no each time someone offers something to low, why not have a price with obo so people know the baseline to start throwing offers?
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Bear45-70 wrote:If you are too stupid to know what the value of the items you are looking for then you get exactly what you deserve. I always check what the dealer would want for the item, then adjust for new. There is one guy on flea-bay that ask more for his used stuff than new from the deal would charge. I never buy from him, mainly because there are always others on there that are not crooked and greedy. Just like noiseguy says at the top of the buy/sell page, buyer beware.
Well what can I say some people are in it just for the money than the fun of the hobby. I thought this site was different. Or maybe its just some of the people on here.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Dakine wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:If you are too stupid to know what the value of the items you are looking for then you get exactly what you deserve. I always check what the dealer would want for the item, then adjust for new. There is one guy on flea-bay that ask more for his used stuff than new from the deal would charge. I never buy from him, mainly because there are always others on there that are not crooked and greedy. Just like noiseguy says at the top of the buy/sell page, buyer beware.
Well what can I say some people are in it just for the money than the fun of the hobby. I thought this site was different. Or maybe its just some of the people on here.
I don't pay crazy prices and I don't expect others to pay them either. But I don't want anyone tell me what something is worth.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

OH yah sure bear, throw me under the bus...GOSH!! :2thumbs:
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Bear45-70 wrote:
Dakine wrote:
I don't pay crazy prices and I don't expect others to pay them either. .

x2 on that part bear.

I could see if the item is discontinued and its worth alot to them but if you really want it you'd pay for it. No sense in over paying for something that you could still buy new from dealership or w/e.

If the item isnt in stores and thats the only person who has the item that you need arent you going to pay for it? Got to Pay to Play.