So check this out

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

PolarIce
Spree
Spree

Re: So check this out

Post by PolarIce »

Hindsight being 20/20, I guess I'll be sure to take off the exhaust if I ever flat ship a scooter on a pallet.

Sorry for your loss. :bs:
1984 Honda NN50 Gyro
1986? Honda Aero 50
PolarIce=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Pola ... WAGB-11%29
Served Onboard 94-97
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Looks like Fedex will never get my business.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Man, Kerry and C3....

That's one terrible situation! I must have missed C3 selling his '87. That is one BEAUTIFUL 87!!! I freaking LOVE the Bride seat cover. (I will have to have one made for my Aero)

That sucks sh*t guys, hopefully FedEx will pay up. They should take this one for dropping the scoot. Its freaking obvious it has been dropped. Hard.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

jon
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

Well, I got the run around today. I was only able to call twice, first time I left a message, and the second time I was told that she (my claim rep) was in a meeting, and now their closed. I think its about time I get another claim rep. Whats everyone think??
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

C3Killer wrote:I think its about time I get another claim rep.
That or a lawyer.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

evilone wrote:
C3Killer wrote:I think its about time I get another claim rep.
That or a lawyer.
Give it more time before you go that far. Try to get something done through Fedex policy first, there might be a standard denile policy for situations like this and when you push it, they cover it. Just be sure to stay civil so nothing can come back to bite you if it does end up in court.

As far as it being dropped, was the pallet damaged? That is another angle they might try to use. It looks like they picked up another pallet and caught your pipe on the edge of that while lifting. Or maybe they drove your pallet into a wall while turning... The flat spot on that nozzle is in an odd spot for a drop.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

Just to keep Kerry and everyone posted, I did get the claim rep on the phone today. He denied the claim based on the fact that there were no internal notes in their system describing any damage along the way, and the signature on the receipt says that it was received in good order. The pictures that I sent him arrived to him in small black and white pictures that didn't show very much damage. He requested better photos to be emailed to him. So I take that as there is still hope. As soon as I get him the requested pictures, he can then track down the driver and get a statement from him. That's what may take some time, up to a couple weeks, to get the driver to give the statement as to what happened.

The claim rep sounded nice over the phone, he wasn't trying to rush me off, he took time to listen to my complaint, so keep your fingers crossed that this doesn't have to end in court. If it does, it will have to be in small claims (claims $1500 or less), which may benefit Kerry. No legal council, no lawyers, just him and a FedEx rep. What are the chances that a FedEx rep will show up to a small claims court? If there is a no show, then judgment in his favor! I'm working my * off to get them to pay up.

Hang in there Kerry, hopefully this won't be a long drawn out process.

C3Killer.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Small claims will be the way to go on this. And I'd go for complete write-off value of the bike... let them come pick it up if they want.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

noiseguy wrote:Small claims will be the way to go on this. And I'd go for complete write-off value of the bike... let them come pick it up if they want.
+1
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Have you made any progress?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Kerry
Goped
Goped

Post by Kerry »

Still on hold, I do expect a final answer any day.....we'll see?
:eyeroll:
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

I'm still working this. The claims rep talked to his manager and discussed a refund. Looks as though that FedEx LTL is capping a refund to .50 cents per lb (not including the pallet). Lets see, 100# moped, at .50 cents per lb, yep, looks as though the refund is going to be about $50. Please feel free to read this yourself at http://www.fedex.com/us/freight/rulesta ... ility.html More importantly, section 420. I'm trying to find a loop hole. But it looks as though they don't HAVE to pay anything, but are willing to pay something. I'm a little more than * about this. Anyone wanna dig into this a little, feel free! There are only about a million pages protecting themselves in the event of an "incident." :jack:
PolarIce
Spree
Spree

Post by PolarIce »

Section 420 huh? I wonder what FedEx considers to be premium bud?
1984 Honda NN50 Gyro
1986? Honda Aero 50
PolarIce=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Pola ... WAGB-11%29
Served Onboard 94-97
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

Well, I have to wait until tomorrow, because I don't have the receipt here at home, but after getting off the phone with the National Motor Freight Classification people, if the moped was 8 lbs per cubic foot or under, then the class of my shipment was 150. If it were over 8 lbs then class 100. From there I can figure out what FedEx liability figures should be per class.

What a hassle. I can't believe that FedEx would clearly hose over a customer. I'm a first time and last time customer of FedEx. Whether it be small boxes, or full truck loads of equipment, they will not be getting any more of my business. Ever.
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

Here's where I'm hitting a block......

In lieu of the valuation indicated in the NMFC, valuation, rates and charges on USED or RECONDITIONED articles will be as follows:

1. When Consignor or Consignee declares no value or declares an actual or released value of 50 cents or less per pound per package or fails to describe articles as used or reconditioned on the original Bill of Lading:
1. Apply 100 percent of the Customer's otherwise applicable charges as published in tariffs subject to this item.
2. Carrier's maximum liability shall not exceed 50 cents per pound per package or $10,000 per incident, whichever is lower.