anthum for Michigan

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Rooney140
BMX
BMX

Re: anthum for Michigan

Post by Rooney140 »

"Anthum" for Michigan has kind of lost it's own topic.

I'm a Ford guy and live in Ford Country, Ranger with 197k, 86 SVO with 80k. Drove a Charger with a "fake" Hemi, fastest street legal car I've driven and got 20+mpg if you let it.

No doubt love the Honda's for 2 wheels, ATC's and TRX's, i.e CL77, 68 S90, CT70K0, CB450K, 83 XL200R, 87 CR500R, 98 XR200R and multiple Spree's even a gx200 and an old G150. When it came down to getting what I wanted, I had to buy a Kawasaki KDX to get a decent 2 stroke enduro and then a Suzuki to get a mid size dual sport. Just like the scooters, Honda sells the bikes we want in other parts of the world. Is the Ridgeline a truck? No.
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

Bear45-70 wrote:
808BMW wrote:My personal ranking: BMW, Toyota, Honda
Yeah, there you go. Don't buy American then b**** about the economy being on its *.
The Toyota Camry has more Domestic content than any ford or Chevy, bar full size pick ups. Fords are largely built by Mazda, btw. Like the ranger, a b2200 mazda pickup. My GMC Sonoma truck is as American As Labatt Blue, built by Canada. My Subaru is from Indiana, Built by Americans. The global market is no longer as simple as it used to be. The Problems lie at levels beyond the consumer, and "American" products can be shockingly foreign.

It's far more unAmerican to be the * that outsourced everything, or the workers who wanted paid more to do less. If Toyota, Honda, Subaru, and others find it fiscally feasible to build and assemble cars in the us, why don't the big three?

As far as the tracker vs. 57 chevy.... DUHHHHHHH! The mass of the 57 is far greater.That's just physics. If an army tank hits a wall of granite on a mountianside, the object with greater mass (the wall) will win. the Toughness of the tank non withstanding. We should all drive semi trucks!
Last edited by Spreetard on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

i agree.... but get off your high horse there ace.... :peace:
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

No horse here, just sitting on a big pile o' truth.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Spreetard wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:
808BMW wrote:My personal ranking: BMW, Toyota, Honda
Yeah, there you go. Don't buy American then b**** about the economy being on its *.
The Toyota Camry has more Domestic content than any ford or Chevy, bar full size pick ups. Fords are largely built by Mazda, btw. Like the ranger, a b2200 mazda pickup. My GMC Sonoma truck is as American As Labatt Blue, built by Canada. My Subaru is from Indiana, Built by Americans. The global market is no longer as simple as it used to be. The Problems lie at levels beyond the consumer, and "American" products can be shockingly foreign.

It's far more unAmerican to be the * that outsourced everything, or the workers who wanted paid more to do less. If Toyota, Honda, Subaru, and others find it fiscally feasible to build and assemble cars in the us, why don't the big three?

As far as the tracker vs. 57 chevy.... DUHHHHHHH! The mass of the 57 is far greater.That's just physics. If an army tank hits a wall of granite on a mountianside, the object with greater mass (the wall) will win. the Toughness of the tank non withstanding. We should all drive semi trucks!
Ah, the Ranger myth continues. You are wrong, the present Ranger, frame, body, trans and engine are all US made. It is the Mazda that is what you accuse the Ranger of. I know, I own a 1999 4.0 liter and I went to the trouble to check. Your contention was true back when the mini Ranger first appear, but Ford found that the little truck just didn't cut it for Americans. When the Ranger grew in size, it became a US product.

Oh and on the Chevy vs Tracker the Chevy was doing less than 10 mph, the Tracker folded like cardboard. Oh and I have a full size Ford F250 when I want to be bullet proof.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

:lock: i think it's time... :lock:
killerpancake
Spree
Spree

Post by killerpancake »

i still loves me some trackers. mhmmm tasty.
If it don't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyway.

(Previous)
87 honda spree
85 honda spree

(Current)
88 yammy razz

(parts bike)
another 88 yammy razz
Munstah666
Goped
Goped

Post by Munstah666 »

I think BOTH Ford and Chevy are good cars, heck I used to own a 56 Chevy Stepside Orig flathead, 66 Ford Fairlane 390, a 66 Chevelle I6, a 69 Mach1 428cj which all I had to sell when I got married :( , Now I just drive an F150 and a Cavalier. Been a Ford Tech for 20+years now works for the REVISED GM. Go Americanjin! :D
µùѵ£¼Òü«Òé╣Òâ╝ÒâæÒâ╝Òâ×Òâ│
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Ah, no, the Camry doesn't. You're confusing what "built in America" means.

Japanese "Built in America" just means that they've a plant here. They may source some domestic content, but a lot comes from Japanese tier-1 suppliers (their keiretsu suppliers, which is a whole other topic). Who does this employ? A bunch of Americans to do final assembly. Where does the profit go? Japan. Who else does it employ? A bunch of engineers / execs, that also sit in Japan.

Ford/GM/Chrylser still build most (~90%) of their cars in the five states around Michigan. Corporate profits stay in the US and support our tax base. It employs US assemblers, as well as US engineers and executives. It supports US suppliers (we can get into where they get their parts... much moving to China / India / etc, but the Japanese are doing that as well at the same rates, so I'll call that even.) I.e. GM has TRW, which is US. Toyota has [keiretsu supplier I cannot for the life of me remember the name of these guys] which operates out of Japan.

So, thinking reader: Which of the two scenarios, do you think, keeps more money in the USA?
Spreetard wrote:

Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
that guy
Goped
Goped

Post by that guy »

Oh my god ive never seen so much argueing on a forum b4 i came 2 honda spree everyone likes somthing diferent that doesnt mean the other guy is wrong.There is some real good info here but most threads end up in a fight then they get locked wats the point
86 nq50
AF18E POWERED
Just waiting on a box of go fast goodies
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

Fix
Often
Repair
Daily

:lol:

Isuzu is good truck and reliable. :geekdance:
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

ha ha ryan got told! :bowrofl:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

veedubh20 wrote:Fix
Often
Repair
Daily

First On Race Day

And I did it with a Ford for years.

Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Bear45-70 wrote:
veedubh20 wrote:Fix
Often
Repair
Daily

First On Race Day

And I did it with a Ford for years.

All sorts of names for what FORD means. I won't mention them... Personally, I grew up with Chevys. I even own a few. Along with a few Kias (daily drivers)

If the US does not get up and stand we will be passed up. This is only being truthful. I too am a proud AMERICAN but, Price and reliablity will outweigh anyone.

WE need to support our children to be the best and outsmart everyone in the future, this country and the good for nothings that collect from our pity is dragging it down.

WE all need to be wage earners and WORK! I know it is a 4 letter word but, Would you rather the Chinese tell you what you can do?

Our Children need to learn to be the brightest and most Talented in the future or, our fate will consume us.

This country swings left and right with every new president. This is the diversity of this nation but, one of our downfalls. we cannot stay on a centered path.

CRAP, said too much END OF RANT--------
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Yeah, lets see Chrysler has been owned by the Germans who didn't want to be part of the big 3 and then got bailed out by the government and sold to Fiat (Fix It Again Tony). GM got bailed out and illegally had the CEO thrown out, while hiring Chrysler engineers to design their cars, see the new Camaro, AKA another Magnum if there ever was one. Only Ford got through it without a bailout and you guys bad mouth them. At least they are still uncontrolled by either the government or interests outside the country.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree