best oil made

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: best oil made

Post by tru72 »

LOL konaking is that you with a new name? LOL you know your IP will show up if it is hehehe
I have been here a long time, and one thing for sure Bear is a smart cookie for sure!
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

if only spreetard could just get over it....... :wink:
motormike

Post by motormike »

:lock: this post has now transformed from an interesting subject to a whole bunch of bu!!shet.........thanks bear..(sarcasm)
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

fastplastic wrote:if only spreetard could just get over it....... :wink:
I never claimed that my oil was the best in the world. But it has worked very well for me and my 10,000+ mile engine, which still has cross-hatching below the ring line and still has the original rings. I've run Royal Purple TCW3 for over 5000 of those miles. Carbon buildup is minimal, my rings are not gummy. If what Bear says is true, then my engine should be all carboned up, and my cylinder should be scuffed. Here's some pics of a teardown at 9000miles.

i havn't pulled the plug out in about 1500 miles. nice color, d*** near the "cardboard"color said to be ideal.
mine's the big one.

Where's all the carbon? The scuffing?

But just because it meets TCW3 specifications does not mean it will automatically cause harm to my engine.

Despite my extensive research, and my finds that Bears claim goes against the claims of many oil companies, he continues to call me names and ignore anything I say that goes against his belief.

I know that Bear knows his stuff very well, but I gotta call him on this one. He seems so fixated on claiming I like penzoil (which I don't), but that's all he seems to have read, and incorrectly at that. There is some truth to what he said, TCW is an outboard specific rating. But just because you test an oil at one temperature range and it passes a series of tests does not mean it won't also pass more rigorous testing at a higher temps.

A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle is not a square.
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

No one cares get over it ur in a * match with someone like me but a lot better typed lol so shut up and believe what u want to believe and get over it :thumbwink:
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

No one cares get over it ur in a * match with someone like me but a lot better typed lol so shut up and believe what u want to believe and get over it :thumbwink:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

motormike wrote::lock: this post has now transformed from an interesting subject to a whole bunch of bu!!shet.........thanks bear..(sarcasm)
Oh I see your logic. It's my fault Spreetard (aptly named BTW) doesn't know what he is talking about. :roll:
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
one_wierd_guy
Noob
Noob

Post by one_wierd_guy »

I understand what spreetard is trying to get across, and I Also understand where bear is comming from (I'm not picking sides here), I will try to restate what spreetard is saying without sounding like a know-it-all, for I know almost nothing about two stroke oils and their certifacations, but I do know a fair amount about 4 stroke/deisel oils, having worked in a lube bay for over 2 years, and had minor education on the oils used(nothing even close to bears expereance that I envy :worship: ). When the truck company's switched to ulsd(ultra low sulfer deisel) engines, the oil company's had to make a better oil that could take the place of the sulfer lubracating the valves and upper cylinder, API CJ-4 class oil. Now just because this oil is made to lubricate better in ulsd engines, does that mean it will lube less when put into an engine running lsd(low sulfer deisel, not the drug, get your mind out of the gutter) instead? No, it will lube that engine just as well as it would any other. Now I could be totaly wrong here because were talking about 2 strokes, not 4, but the TCW-3 rating means it can adiquitly luberacate a 2T water cooled outboard engine, correct bear? An air cooled engine requires a lot more to keep it lubed right, but wouldn't a "lesser" engine still be lubed just as good if not better by an oil designed to lube a "greater" engine? Now if I'm wrong bear, don't just say I'm a stupid idiot that knows nothing (I've already said I know next to nothing about 2T oils), but ed-u-ma-cate me so that I can learn and better my knowledge for later generations, when I'm the old bear telling the kids how stup.. uh, "un-educated" they are.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

The best oil made is castor 927 woot woot someone lock this thread
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
spree-rider
Elite
Elite

Post by spree-rider »

can you use caster in a injected motor or only pre mix?
86 spree
sb 50 intake and reeds
3.00x10 rear tire
waxed

99Polaris indy 700
harliquim paint
2" bar riser
lefty throttle
ice scratchers
SLP tri keel skis
ported
high compression head
chrome low windshield
mountain bar
Xtra-10
I ALWAYS KEEP ONE ROLLED
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

you can run it in a oil injection system. I don't see why you would need that type of oil though its mainly for built bikes. The castor oil actually lubricates better as the cylinder and piston get hotter.
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

castor is made for pre mix only....
buy the correct oil for the application needed.. its way thicker and wont flow as easy thru the pump
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Spreetard wrote:He also keeps misquoting me because he's too good to even read my posts apparently. I never said half the s*** he claims I said. He tried to discredit me not by presenting any fact, but instead by ignoring everything I said and calling me an idiot, which I am not.

I never claimed to like penzoil, for one.
Bear45-70 wrote: I myself used Mercury Marine's blended oil and their synthetic oil in my race motors. So Spreetard is wrong again. The 50 hours was just the oil stuff, I had over 500 hours of 2 stroke schools under my belt.

On his claim that TCW oil is junk, he obviously has no clue what it take to just get a NMMA TCW rating. The test is the actual running of a soeced test engine with the oil. You either past the rigorous test of your oil gets no certification. So junk is an inaccurate description. A TCW-II or 3 rating is even harder to get because the standard is higher than just a TCW rating.
And again, Bear puts words in my mouth. I never said that TCW3 was junk, you blind old fool. Learn to read.

I do know exactly how TCW ratings work, and provided a link so that others could educate themselves without your biased, antiquated opinion. But an oil that passes TCW3 testing may also pass a higher standard of testing. If that is beyond your crusty brain, at least stop misrepresenting my position.

Why would I call TCW3 junk, then turn around and put it in my engine? I run Royal Purple TCW3.

You have alot of experience, but your claim that a TCW3 rated oil WILL NOT WORK ON AN AIRCOOLED TWO STROKE IS BLUNTLY WRONG, AS IS YOUR CLAIM THAT NO COMPANY WOULD SUGGEST A TCW3 RATED OIL FOR AIR COOLED ENGINES. I did supply proof of that, which you ignored and took as me being a Penzoil lover. MORON, LEARN TO READ!
+1 Spreetard

I've read the entire thread, and its pretty clear Bear is misrepresenting what you say. Bravo for holding your own. You called Bear out and he won't take responsibility for his own previous words. You said it earlier you know you're right, stick to that.
projects galore :nerd:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

The only thing that matters is the false claim that TCW-3 is good for air cooled 2 strokes. You guys can't even read the charts.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Bear45-70 wrote:The only thing that matters is the false claim that TCW-3 is good for air cooled 2 strokes. You guys can't even read the charts.
+1 for Bear Maybe spreetard can read this chart. :wink:

Spreetard, The only scooter engine you have run RP TCW-III in is your 49cc NQ50.
Not exactly a HiPo application. :jack:

This guy uses used fryer oil and duck fat to mix with his gas :*:
Even if he took apart his engine and showed me, no deposits or scuffing , I would still not use cooking oil in my scooter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOCnDczY ... dded#at=15
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight