Hey, throwing some ideas around.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Re: Hey, throwing some ideas around.

Post by DorkoElite303 »

Thanks KingJeff....there are alot of more ideas then just the stem. Wait and See.

808BMW...I really do agree with you about the whole stem kit. 250 is alot of money. No doubt...Like I said, the price is not yet set and we are looking around it. But of now, CNC machine is all we got and trying to mill steel take more beating to our tools then a aluminum base.

I don't know about you guys, but I've been bending the stock forks left and right. Last year alone I went through 3 pairs. So with the stem we are thinking about chrome molly? This and the aluminum base would make the stem very light and every strong. But we haven't gotten to production yet. On design and making that prototype.
'07 Honda Goldwing 1800.
07' Honda CBR 600rr
'97 Honda Elite- parts bike
98' Honda Elite SA50 SR(85cc plus all bells and whistles)
00' Honda Elite SA50p S
83' Honda PAII (not running)
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

Oh by the way....all this feedback is very good. Positive or negative, it is all great feedback to help make this stem. I'm really trying to support what is left of this community. With everything they are doing with the ruckus, metro, 110elites, and pcx...Nothing more is being done for these old model scooters.

From what I know, everyone wants more power and wants to go faster, but how are are you going stop? Those drum brakes aren't cutting it when your doing over 50mph.

Also, quick question for anyone that is reading this. Anyone live in Colorado? I may need some more mock up scoots. Spree, Aeros, Elite E, 87 Elites.
'07 Honda Goldwing 1800.
07' Honda CBR 600rr
00' Honda Elite SA50p S
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Steel and chrome moly sound way overbuilt (and expensive), how have you bent 3 sets of forks? I've only heard of people bending/breaking front ends from a crash, if that's the case, then you just gotta stop crashing :P
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

How have you been bending the stock forks?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

Hahaha.....The crew here does some very late night rides. needless to say, I've hit train tracks with some lovely gaps and some pot holes. Sometimes I just cant see them before I run over them. It seems like the ruckus guys will hit the same pot hole and be ok, but after I come out of them, I have a bent elite wheel with a bent fork.
'07 Honda Goldwing 1800.
07' Honda CBR 600rr
00' Honda Elite SA50p S
xxjareebxx
Goped
Goped

Post by xxjareebxx »

DorkoElite303 wrote:Hahaha.....The crew here does some very late night rides. needless to say, I've hit train tracks with some lovely gaps and some pot holes. Sometimes I just cant see them before I run over them. It seems like the ruckus guys will hit the same pot hole and be ok, but after I come out of them, I have a bent elite wheel with a bent fork.
Haha nice that's crazy
1990 honda elite soon to be dio swap
looking for a dio engine anyone have one for sale?
selling a 1990 honda elite engine runs great shoot me an offer.