Is a Honda Dio 49cc hard to find and desirable?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

donut
Elite
Elite

Re: Is a Honda Dio 49cc hard to find and desirable?

Post by donut »

Munstah666 wrote:
donut wrote:
tazland001 wrote:Is it an actual dio or a elite sr? Pics would be nice.

Taz
hopefully this works -

Good bike, Nice find. That is a Jdm scoot badged Dio SR usually exported to Australia, New Zealand and Canada and some other places. It has the Af18e motor. Same built like the Af27 like baka said but headset differs from the Superdio Af27 sold locally in Japan.
thank you.
so what please will this headset difference mean in the way of unrestricting?
'86 Aero 50 (NB50)

'01 Yamaha Jog Nextzone
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I think Munstah is talking about the plastics and components around the handlebars. Levers, controls, Kill switch buttons and/or instrument cluster and headlamp/turn signals make up the "Headset". Nothing to do with de-restricting except as explained below.

Ee-Leck-Tronic party-pooping engine restrictions on Furrin' bikes may have been legislated in by the Export jurisdiction. Some work by limiting RPM, which is believed to be the case with Dio models. Others, like the U.S.-Market Metropolitan, have the speed-limiter wired into the speedometer. Ignition timing goes retarded and finally cuts out when a set speed is exceeded.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Munstah666 wrote:
donut wrote:
tazland001 wrote:Is it an actual dio or a elite sr? Pics would be nice.

Taz
hopefully this works -

Good bike, Nice find. That is a Jdm scoot badged Dio SR usually exported to Australia, New Zealand and Canada and some other places. It has the Af18e motor. Same built like the Af27 like baka said but headset differs from the Superdio Af27 sold locally in Japan.
I thought the super dio had a front disc brake.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
donut
Elite
Elite

Post by donut »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

I think Munstah is talking about the plastics and components around the handlebars. Levers, controls, Kill switch buttons and/or instrument cluster and headlamp/turn signals make up the "Headset". Nothing to do with de-restricting except as explained below.

Ee-Leck-Tronic party-pooping engine restrictions on Furrin' bikes may have been legislated in by the Export jurisdiction. Some work by limiting RPM, which is believed to be the case with Dio models. Others, like the U.S.-Market Metropolitan, have the speed-limiter wired into the speedometer. Ignition timing goes retarded and finally cuts out when a set speed is exceeded.

tanks, I WILL try and not be redundant but learn from what is posted!
So if I buy the scooter and your gizmo that your are selling it will/might unrestrict the RPMs?

I will take some pics of the scoot (engine/etc) if members here will be curious.
I will get the VIN (thanks for the location info...I found every number BUT the VIN when buying the Aero...until I found this forum! lol)
'86 Aero 50 (NB50)

'01 Yamaha Jog Nextzone
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The ignition module from an '86 Aero may or may not be "Plug-and-Play". Chances are that it works as delivered but someone who's owned a World Market Dio may be able to confirm. Many would caution you to avoid the "Performance" modules made - not very well - in China.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH