battery

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

myhonda
Elite
Elite

battery

Post by myhonda »

what kinda battery should i get that would keep up to a car sterio and amplifier?
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

you're putting a car stereo and amplifier on your moped?...
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

the sterio is allready on but i can only use it during day cause at nite the lights take too much power. soo i need a different batt. i just need to know what kind of batt i need
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

everyone just looks no one can respond???
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

not really 12 volt os all that fits...
Spreewell
Spree
Spree

Post by Spreewell »

I unhooked my headlight and the standard battery powers my 8-track player fine. I only have one speaker but it rocks out lemme tell ya!
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

soo// u saraficed a headlight for a radio? personnally i would swich the pulbs in the blinkers, tail light, and dash lights to led ones.. thats what i have in my aero and soon to be in the spree
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

soo u saraficed a headlight for a radio? personnally i would swich the pulbs in the blinkers, tail light, and dash lights to led ones.. thats what i have in my aero and soon to be in the spree
Kemmer
Goped
Goped

Post by Kemmer »

Yep, LED lights would do the trick. They don't use nearly as much juice. If you don't want to go that route, just add a second battery or larger motorcycle battery. The only problem is that your alternator may not be albe to keep up. It depends on what size amp you use. Worst case, you'll have to turn it off for a while so your batter can charge up if it gets too low.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

AND MY LEDS ARE TWICE AS BRIGHT
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

would a car battery work on it?
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

yeah after u fry every thing.. lol
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

??? fry everything like what? the car batt would fry it? cause i havent put one in yet not till i know
Pygmaelion
Goped
Goped

Post by Pygmaelion »

Someone once told me "Ain't the volts what kill ya... It's the AMPS".

I'm pretty sure that the amperage that rolls out of a full sized automotive battery is much greater than the available amperage in our teensy stock batteries. I've read (not experienced, don't know for certain) that linking up your scoot to a car battery for long periods of time can cause damage to your harness/components, because it's ramming too many amps down wires and pieces not meant for it.

I'd do more research on it before you slap a Die Hard ChargeMaster UberBattery in there. I'd be more inclined to wire in a second standard battery in parallel, and put a battery tender on it when you're not riding it.

One last question... Why are you putting a full on automotive radio in? Why not hook up a discman/radio with a "car cable" and a 12 volt cig-lighter jack? That ought to draw less than a full on stereo. Granted, the "Pimp-ness" isn't as high, and you'd have to find a way to amp it to the speakers (or you couldn't hear it over the engine and wind).

Either way, best of luck on this.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Car battery just won't package, and the Spree could never charge it.

Actually, the car battery would be fine, EXCEPT what ppl tend to do when they have electrical problems is hook up the car battery to see if that helps. Usually the electrical problems were caused by some marginal system that the Spree battery didn't have enough current (power) available to kill. Car batteries, of course, do, so the next thing that happens is that something blows/burns up.

The car battery also allows ppl to do things like run the starter for a minute straight. Well, it wasn't designed for that, and the starter burns up from overheating. If it won't start off a good Spree battery, it won't start off a car battery either. If you do use a car battery, you just have to be careful with how long you keep trying the starter.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products