Second Elite SR

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

sjleto
Noob
Noob

Second Elite SR

Post by sjleto »

Well back in the summer, someone on craigslist was selling at 1993 Honda Elite SR for $200. Seeing as it was the same model as the one I already had I thought it would be cool to have two matching ones. It looked like it was missing parts in the pictures and he said it started but didn't run well. After emailing a couple times I learned it was about a minute away from my house and I finally was able to set up a meeting time. When I got there, there was already someone else looking at it to buy it but to bad he didn't bring the cash like I did so I scooped it up. It ended up having all the parts and body pieces. The rear tire was unmounted so after remounting that I began the motor work and my father began the painting (some of the panels were pretty scratched up). I started with cleaning the carb which I did get it running and took it for a small ride. In this ride I learned their was an issue with the rear wheel. Figuring it was the rim I started ordering rims off of here. 2 rims later I figured out it was the tire....

After trying to get the motor to run well for a couple weeks I kind of lost interest in the project and the moped sat. Finally I just took it into a local repair shop where they got it running good in about an hour. So after this labor and a some other misc. parts (front sticker, rims, tires, air filter, spark plug, paint, nuts and bolts) I spend an addition $150 bringing my total to $350.

Purple rimed moped is the second one and the turquoise is my original. Looking forward to spring/summer. (and don't worry, I'm not riding these in the snow)

92 Honda Elite SR
-Ruckus Variator Mod
93 Honda Elite SR
DeathByFox
Spree
Spree

Re: Second Elite SR

Post by DeathByFox »

uhhh ive never been to fond of the elite 50 scooter. But these with the painted rims just seem to really do it. Nice scooters. And i hope you rode them in the snow a little :coolcruise:
Bright lights put me in a dance But it aint house music makes me wanna dance
Carnie
Elite
Elite

Second Elite SR

Post by Carnie »

Nice find! I recently got a 94 sr for 300 non running but fixed it up in a jiffy. Great scoots!
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
OneBulletDan
Elite
Elite

Post by OneBulletDan »

Mighty fine! Only time I can find deals like that is when I`m flat broke. Ah, well, any more and I`m gonna have to add on an extra garage.
We can learn much from wise words, and less from wise guys.
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

nice! almost identical twins! =)
great find! i would ride it in the snow!
well... at least for a little while. :coolcruise:
thanks for sharing!
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

OneBulletDan wrote:Mighty fine! Only time I can find deals like that is when I`m flat broke. Ah, well, any more and I`m gonna have to add on an extra garage.
Don't you mean "mandatory garage." :wink:
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.