A couple questions

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

memberzs
Goped
Goped

A couple questions

Post by memberzs »

i see a lot of people with the trans case cut in half, what is the purpose of this is it cooling, looks, to fit bigger parts?

Also what kinda of performance does installing a new clutch change?
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Re: A couple questions

Post by Mystic »

They cut the cover in half so the clutch stays cooler and some people think it looks kewl.
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Installing a new clutch depends on the clutch. Some offer cooler operating temps. Some offer greater adjustability. Some just offer grip that your old worn clutch lacks. Some are just shiny and make people drool.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

In some cases, using the larger rear ZX pulley the belt can run afoul of the screw bores inside the rear cover. I'm not sure mine does, but the cooler-running clutch is especially important to me in stop&go city riding. And so it stays in the box at home.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

eliteguy50 wrote:Installing a new clutch depends on the clutch. Some offer cooler operating temps. Some offer greater adjustability. Some just offer grip that your old worn clutch lacks. Some are just shiny and make people drool.
dio89 *wipes* away drool... shiny. must have shiny! j/k

The main purpose of the cut cases IMO is for better cooling of the clutch/ clutch bell. If your clutch runs really hot it will actually destroy belts, not to mention decrease life expectancy of your clutch and other related accessories.

Clutch changes vary performance with the clutch and/or accessories installed. Do you want a more linear pull from start (clutch engages early and disengages later) or a harder launch? A harder launch requires higher rpms before the clutch engages. This will depend on your preference and riding style. The harder launch/ higher rpms usually represent a higher top end speed (along with the right gearing) but it's a bit annoying if you deal with a lot of stop and go 'rush hour' traffic.

Of course, there are the weights, etc. that needs to be looked at also for optimal tuning for your application and preference. Get it tuned right to match your preference/ riding style/ application and start having fun! whoohoo! :coolcruise:
live dio
Noob
Noob

Post by live dio »

old school vs new= i just mixed them up between 2 scoots and both hooked up, yet to try the koso stage 6 on my full stroker :happy:
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

live dio wrote:old school vs new= i just mixed them up between 2 scoots and both hooked up, yet to try the koso stage 6 on my full stroker :happy:
Do you also go by maddog? This sounds like a quote except you left out Fabrizi.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.