I have probably got the stupidest id. ea in forum history

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: I have probably got the stupidest id. ea in forum histor

Post by Bear45-70 »

OneBulletDan wrote:
Dio89Elite wrote:Sidecar idea has my vote as far as stability and strength. You'll have to look at motorcycle quality trailers instead of bicycle trailers if you're looking at 200 lbs rating. I'd do a search for these and then take a look at how you can build a similar item if you're into a budget build.http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/trailer/th101b.htm
Ever driven a side hack? Squirliest thing you`ll ever ride. Had one on a `86 FLT. It`s like you take a perfectly good bike and tie a barn door on one side. Left hand turns are cool. Right hand turns will make you learn the meaning of "pucker factor".
They ARE fun, in a sick, sadistic sort of way.
Only if you screw up the alignment.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
OneBulletDan
Elite
Elite

Re: I have probably got the stupidest id. ea in forum histor

Post by OneBulletDan »

Line `em up any way you care to, if you haven`t got a fat gal in the hack, right hand turns are spooky. You DON`T set them up the way the book says!

We were cruzing through OK back in `89, and the winds were so strong, the hack with the wife and two weeks worth of gear was liftng up and trying to blow us over. Can`t lean into it when it`s coming from the starboard side. We stopped and picked up four head sized rocks and chucked `em in the bottom. It helped.

Don`t get me wrong, I love a hack, but you`ve got to be a certain kind of mutant to want to ride (herd) one.
We can learn much from wise words, and less from wise guys.