88 Honda SB50P carb value

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

facechicken
BMX
BMX

88 Honda SB50P carb value

Post by facechicken »

So i have a 88 sb50p that i am going to be parting out and wondering the value of parts.....the previous owner ran it without a fan shroud for a long time and it no longer runs....since its an "iowa" model, i was wondering what the value of the carb would be.....wondering if its any different than a non "iowa" model.
I ask because i know what honda express ones are worth and in doing research on e*ay and that type of site i cant ever find one that is for this model. I am to understand that the "p" means that it was built so that it wouldnt go over 25mph in Iowa due to laws and regulations. Is that having to do with the carb at all or was that mainly in exhaust and wiring? Thanks for the info :thumbsup:
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: 88 Honda SB50P carb value

Post by mousewheels »

Good part is a SB50P carb is close to the non-restricted SB50 version. Venturi dia and main jet are same. Carb being an Iowa is not a curse :)
Search our Wanted/For Sale section - a while back there were some Wanted postings on this item.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: 88 Honda SB50P carb value

Post by eliteguy50 »

Most of the restriction is in the cylinder and exhaust.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.