Official NS50F thread

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Does anyone else own a Honda NS 50?

Post by z50r-ghost »

thanks so much Noisy and Mr. Wheelman for getting rid of the coffee ads. :worship:

and a BIG thanks to lowburb and donut for the compliments as well... means a lot!! :love:

later dudes, jc
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
lukz93
Noob
Noob

Post by lukz93 »

Hi for all, i recently saw this post from the internet and i specifically registered to share information with us guys , first i have to say I'm argentinian, and i dont know write good english, sorry :(

On the past year, i bought an ns for 1500 ARS, ( it's less than 200uss on my town) but it was too broken, i purchased it running, but ruined estetically, now , i'm on the plan to full restore it, BUT the main thing to complicates ME its the PARTS.. here are NO PARTS for this motorcicle, absolutly NOTHING, and i came here for ask you guys, where i can order parts ? any page? like z50r-ghost ordering GREAT parts for japan! thats awesome!, i need info for sites like that.. , i viewed the GHOST bike's pics.. there are AWSOME , incredible setup pal!!

there are a pic of my NS,

Hope you like it, it tooks me much time to make it.. thx for read , and again , sorry my bad bad english,
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Picked up an NS50F myself this morning. Except for having been painted an orangish-red, it's all stock. Plan to do a few small things to it but basically leave it alone and ride it.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Greetings and welcome lukz93: ........ :hi:
The paintwork looking very sharp.
z50r-ghost is a wizard with the NS50F and has the best connections for parts.
My NS is not very pretty, but still running very good, so I ride and enjoy taking a 50cc motor to top speeds on very twisted and curved roads of my state, Tennessee.
BEST part I see about your bike is those GAUGES...I am jealous.
Glad you have found this thread and joined in with us to promote the little bike that thinks it is BIG.
Best of luck with finding parts...I'm sure z50r-ghost will give you good information...... :urban:
True Grits 2012 B 047.JPG
True Grits 2012 B 047.JPG (151.25 KiB) Viewed 6895 times
True Grits 2012 B 002.JPG
True Grits 2012 B 002.JPG (155.25 KiB) Viewed 6895 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Like all Ghost's projects, that is simply Droolworthy. Extraordinary attention to detail and no half-measures here.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
lukz93
Noob
Noob

Post by lukz93 »

Thanks Motormike for the welcome :smile: i really want z50r-ghost connects to throw me some links to purchase :smile: , here in my little town , lives no more than 20.000 people and its very difficult to own some parts, by the way, i managed to purchase things to other country like China, Spain, UK, but all thing i own these times was ps3 games and other cheap-stuff, all prices on international purchasing seems too cheap in comparision to my town!!, BUT in the Spare parts Side , the prices is too expensive.. Why? really want some stuff for sites like CMSNL but i don't know whats goin' on with the prices :( , for example , the Cylinder value is aprox 370 USS; in my country one dollar is aprox. 7 ARS (Argentine pesos) and 2400 ARS for the cylinder is so much for here, an standard/normal salary here is aproximately 3000 ARS for month.. , but well i don't like to make this longer and boring to read anyway, just explaining the cause i can't order for pages like these i mentioned..

And Motormike, backing to you, (excuse me), but sharp word is not on my dictionary :nervous: sorry! , anyway i hope you liked the paint job i think hehe :thumbsup: , i have to say you, i think equal to you, my NS is not much pretty, but the ridding enjoying is awesome with this awsome machine :peace: , you liked the gauges? i purchased them on a Zanella dealer of my town , especifically it's an Zanella RX 150 part, as well is chinese made, hopefully last long , and (again) thanks for the response and best of lucks to you

PD (sorry my bad bad english :eyeroll: )
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

sharp = nice or grate or nice job
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Tires for stock size wheels on the NS50F - What are available, what to buy, and where?
My NS50F tires have LOTS of weather cracks...
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Michelin Gazelle M62's seem to be available in the right sizes and get nice reviews...

Thoughts or recommendations?
motormike

Post by motormike »

jcivince wrote:Michelin Gazelle M62's seem to be available in the right sizes and get nice reviews...

Thoughts or recommendations?

Yep, that's what I bought...motorcyclesuperstore.com
Took it to True Grits 50cc run in Suches, Ga. and the grip is great.... :urban:
Friends are running them too.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
jcivince
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by jcivince »

Exactly the store!

Good enough for me - they are on their way...

Thanks!
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

jcivince wrote:Picked up an NS50F myself this morning. Except for having been painted an orangish-red, it's all stock. Plan to do a few small things to it but basically leave it alone and ride it.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Lots of stuff going on at the Shifty-Fifty board on HS today!

First off, a big Hi and WELCOME! :hi: to lukz93 & jcivince! Great to have you guys here!

lukz93 - Very VERY nice looking NS50F you have there! I think your NS looks terrific! The paint job is so shiny black! Just like motormike noted; I love your gauges. Great idea on getting gauges from another bike and adding them to your NS so you can have a tachometer. :2thumbs:

I read that you have visited the CMSNL site... And yes you are correct: CMSNL is VERY expensive. Lots of parts that CMSNL has in their stock are discontinued Honda parts, that are no longer available from Honda. Unfortunately, this is where parts shops can control what the price will be for that part.

Since the NS50F and NS50R are very rare little bikes everywhere in the world EXCEPT Japan, (where there are lots of them) parts are getting much harder to find than in the past. That's one reason parts are so hard to find these days.

Another reason Japanese racing parts are so expensive, is due to the quality and amount of time that goes into designing, testing, manufacturing, and distributing the parts. 99.9% of the parts on my NS are either genuine Honda or Japanese racing parts. It has taken me almost 3 years now to build my NS because of how hard it is to find parts, and the extremely high cost.

Here is a great parts website that I use all the time to buy parts:

http://japan.webike.net/

Enter in "NS50F" for the model, and you will find any and every part out there for the NS! This is the best website for Japanese parts. Usually when I order from Webike, my parts arrive to me in 5-6 days.

Here is the bad part: Shipping cost and currency conversion (Yen to Dollar) :sad:
Parts are SOO expensive from Japan.

Here is my advise to you, lukz93; -Just like you have said: "Riding the little machine is awesome!"
-You are having fun with your NS just the way it is!

-Do small things here and there... Maybe take apart your front end and clean each and every part, including each nut & bolt. Then, put it back together and look at your progress.

When you have some more free time, take apart another area of your NS and do the same thing... Take your time and clean each part. You will be amazed at how you can make your bike look brand-new this way. The most important part is to *take your time!*

(you will not have to clean much; i think your NS looks awesome!)

Whenever you have a bit of extra money, maybe start off with a performance carburetor or a new set of tires, etc...

If there is a certain, special part that you are looking for, please let me know and I will find it for you. I love surfing the Internet and Japanese parts sites. 8)

And keep us posted on your progress! I would love to see more pictures of your NS!

Jcivince: You will love your 'new' NS... I've ridden quite a few bikes in my 17 years of riding, but none are as fun as the little NS... Post up some pics! Bright paint job sounds cool!

Nice choice on tires, as well- I have heard nothing but great things about the Gazelles.

Hey, Trafficjamz! When I saw your post, I was *hoping* YOU may have stumbled upon an NS50F of your own...

I want YOU to need one because I know for a FACT you wouldn't leave it alone for long... My guess would be long enough for you to feel how it rides stock, then off to the Jamz garage for some love...

Talk soon guys,

jc. :mrgreen:

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

...and as always, thanks for the kind encouraging words, guys. :love:
Motormike, your 'Wizard' title made me blush. I'll take it! ...NS Wizard...

-j

...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
lukz93
Noob
Noob

Post by lukz93 »

Hi again!
Wow z50r-ghost awesome info you give me! so thanks! as you says, i'm currently taking sectors of the NS and restaurating it one on one.. it cost very much time, but it WORTHS it , i think is an indescriptible sensation if you builds practically from scratch all over again an beautiful machine like this! (i sayd it correctly? :nervous: ) , here i got some photos on the proccess of restauration :

In This photo will see the poor state of the NS when i get it :(

Basically i dissasembled it to this point, completelly disarmed

Later, the complete frame black-painted :thumbsup:

Little by little, i was reconstructing it

unfortunately I was forced to start all over the electrical installation.. ( it looks ugly installation on the photo , but the installation finished was very well made :thumbwink: )

Now Here's a great photo of the engine dissasembled

Obviously, all wouldn't have done with the big help of my friend :peace:

Well, i hope i not bored all of us with my large post, i like to share my advances on reconstruct this beautiful machine
, well the NS in this moment is semi-dissasembled, ( the main reason is i build it with parts NOT painted to run it some time, now with more time i going to complete finnish the restauration), AND great news here, today got the motor freshly painted :ndance:

it looks acceptable for me, what do you think? the main reason ill not took it to sandblast it and leave it perfectly its because im complicated with get some time to dedicate to the NS because of the school.. and to erase all the imperfections on the engine i would have had to disarm all the engine over again. but as i says i'm out of time :oops:

Another day i'll upload the pics of the Swingarm recently painted too :peace:

z50r-ghost, again thanks for the advice!, and i have a question.. where do you get the radiator? mine is so dirty internally and i'ts complicated to fully clean it (plus it have some broken parts) in webike i didn't able to find a nice one.. if you know something let me know please! thanks and salutes from Argentina :thumbsup: