Brand New $499

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

patthesoundguy

Re: Brand New $499

Post by patthesoundguy »

paulpauly7 wrote:although the side stand on my honda came off one of then sunny 50s
You are less likely to have a terrible failure of a side stand, at least you dont have a Chinese engine to break then fix or send to that junk yard ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

The only problem is the gear ratio, it takes a full stroker crank otherwise your stuck at 55mph which is faster than a lame 4 stroke :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
dafilla
BMX
BMX

Post by dafilla »

I was just in the market for a scooter the past 4 months, same boat as you. Seeing the quality of both kinds, (keep in mind this being from a extreme novices perspective,the only other motor I have touched was a goped/ or putting oil and gas in my old car). The difference is huge, that is in terms of overall quality. The amount of resell value lost on those scoots is pretty huge too. I thought the price of them online is a bit high, and buying a brand name used turned out cheaper. In my tireless search, there was never a new tao tao or roketa for $499, It seemed the going rate started around $700 some offer parts warranties, but did not look all that too legit. I would stick with your projects, especially when you have a legit place to work on them. check CL for a used Chinese scooters, they always pop up for $100-$500 if you want a chinese. GL