Speakers in the Elite!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

newtoit
Noob
Noob

Speakers in the Elite!

Post by newtoit »

Ive seen a couple Elites with speakers mounted right in the front where your knees go and id like to do something like that! I was thinking 2 120w speakers mounted by the knees and if you guys could help me figure out how to power it, im thinking a sub under the seat. My scooter is a 89 SB50P, the stock battery is dead and if i was putting a speaker system in, would i need a bigger battery? What would power the speakers? Is there any build threads for something like this because i am will need all the help and idears i can get! Thanks !
patthesoundguy

Re: Speakers in the Elite!

Post by patthesoundguy »

120 watts might be a tad ambitious ;-) if you look back a bunch of months there is a thread talking about that very thing, I posted a bunch of different small amplifiers that would do the job for such a project. Personally what I would do is get a new battery for the scooter and get a second sealed lead acid battery at least 4ah they are very cheap and plentiful. Next would get a battery isolator and run the sound system off of the second battery. That way you won't run your starting battery dead blasting tunes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
MetalMilitiaXV
BMX
BMX

Post by MetalMilitiaXV »

I would also like to do something like this to my 89 elite, just a couple speakers in the plastic up front, and i just bought a new battery yesterday so I have an extra that I could put to use in this application, gotta get waterproof boat speakers though :lol:
scooter: best friend to someone with a DUI conviction ;)
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

i have look on ebay for something like that as well but have not got one as of now...
go to ebay and upt this in and you will see what i have fond ((( Harley Radio Audio MP3 SD Card Slot Handlebar Speakers Amplifier Waterproof 729))
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
MetalMilitiaXV
BMX
BMX

Post by MetalMilitiaXV »

well those would be nice if i actually had handle"bars" haha
scooter: best friend to someone with a DUI conviction ;)
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

I had a 200w amp on my 2007 vino. With one sony xplode 6x9" 3 way speaker mounted to the cargo area under the seat. The speaker was mounted to the exterior of the cargo area and resessed inside it. This created a great sound because it acted like a speaker box. Remember if you expect quality sound you must have your speakers in an enclosure otherwise they will sound like crap. Kinda like ear phones when they are not in your ear or a 2 stroke w/o an exhaust. The speaker relies on the back pressure from the enclosure for acustic response. Have fun. Do run a separate battery, the bigger the better. Deep cycle is your friend for this application.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

deuce217 wrote:I had a 200w amp on my 2007 vino. With one sony xplode 6x9" 3 way speaker mounted to the cargo area under the seat. The speaker was mounted to the exterior of the cargo area and resessed inside it. This created a great sound because it acted like a speaker box. Remember if you expect quality sound you must have your speakers in an enclosure otherwise they will sound like crap. Kinda like ear phones when they are not in your ear or a 2 stroke w/o an exhaust. The speaker relies on the back pressure from the enclosure for acustic response. Have fun. Do run a separate battery, the bigger the better. Deep cycle is your friend for this application.
Yes the second battery is the right idea, use a battery isolator so the second battery will getting charged from the scooters charging system ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock