Looking for ideas to add some style

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

coppah37
BMX
BMX

Looking for ideas to add some style

Post by coppah37 »

I've been modding my elite for a while now and its got some go but not much show. I'm trying to figure out some nice touches like aftermarket kick start lever (what spline fits?), handle grips, maybe some nice brake levers or mirrors (again what fits?). I really like the look of the Renthal handlebars (like what bakaracer has) on these scoots but i want more info on how people install the hand controls and such. throw some pics at me for some idea

pretty much what it looks like at the moment

MetalMilitiaXV
BMX
BMX

Re: Looking for ideas to add some style

Post by MetalMilitiaXV »

I just got this sweet ride two days ago and was wicked stoked when i found the ad on craigslist that it was black with green wheels (my two favorite colors), but it was a little bland, so i got a can of fluorescent green rust oleum and went to work on adding some style

this is how she looks now
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (158 KiB) Viewed 4471 times
scooter: best friend to someone with a DUI conviction ;)
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

you can install a dual head light conversion with handlebars, its a direct bolt up, also a dio rear tail light, im also using led strips for my side panels.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
MetalMilitiaXV
BMX
BMX

Post by MetalMilitiaXV »

maddog wrote:you can install a dual head light conversion with handlebars, its a direct bolt up, also a dio rear tail light, im also using led strips for my side panels.
almost ruckus-style?! tell me more! and i would love to add LED's but i'd rather not spend money on something that i can only show off when i'm not on the road (michigan outlawed any aftermarket lighting from being turned on while on the road, it's a "distraction" i guess)
coppah37
BMX
BMX

Post by coppah37 »

Yeah I knew about the JDM tail light and its on the list. Please tell me more about the bar swap I really like the look of the downhill style bars
MetalMilitiaXV
BMX
BMX

Post by MetalMilitiaXV »

just one more reason i love fluorescent green

rave-ready
Attachments
rave.jpg
rave.jpg (60.16 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

My benelli came stock with mx bars, i changed them out for cafe bars, the white led strips were mounted on the front spashpan on a downward angle. for your elite-s you can hide an led headlight behind that small grill on the front panel, i installed a 120db ooga horn in that grill, you can run red led strips on the side panels any other color is not legal.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
coppah37
BMX
BMX

Post by coppah37 »

Graphite9 that elite is a pure work of art. Probably the best looking one on this forum. I already contacted the guy that recovered that seat to see if he would do mine so thats in the works. Also I'd give you cash money right this second if you had an adapter that bolted on to the stock elite stem safely. I dont really like the idea of bicycle stem adapters it just doesn't seem safe enough. And maddog have you got any pics of what you're talking about?

Anybody know what kicker levers will fit? I hate the look of the stock one and something with a custom look would be cool.