finaly had it

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

myhonda
Elite
Elite

finaly had it

Post by myhonda »

im done screwin with old mopeds that keep breaking. im buyin a bran new 2006 soon not sure what i want yet thogh. shopin around
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

Build, ride, and learn or is it the other way!
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

ah comeone the old ones kick *..
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

yea they do\!!
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

look at that i got back up.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

yea u got all the back up
islandbayy
Elite
Elite

Post by islandbayy »

For the * of it, I stopped at the local Motorsports shoppe yesterday. Saw the new modle Honda Scooters, uguly.... and Expencive. I dont know why they ever stopped making the tryed and tested Elite and Spree's. :(
Owner of K-Man Auto, Scooters, & Electric Cars
Home of Wisconsin's First Street Legal DOT Licensed Electric Cars!
http://KmanScooters.com
http://MilwaukeeEV.com
-aL-
Elite
Elite

Post by -aL- »

yeah right, if i wasnt poor, id get the ruckus
Ridin' Dirty on one of my 1989 Honda Elite E's
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

B/c 2-stroke motors are dirty dirty dirty for smog. Feds hate them. They have a much better power/weight ratio though. That's why I like to see the old one's preserved; they'll never be allowed to be sold new for on-road use in this country again.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

In other words you are all for air pollution. Thats real new millenia of you. They are selling all kinds of brand new 2 stroke mopeds out there now. Most of them go 40mph stock and I am talking 49.9cc engines.
Most can be deristicted with a snip of a wire increasing speed up to 45 to 50mph. They have come a long way since 1985. You will have to pay from $1600 to $2200 but they are pretty nice little scooters. Eton Beamer is one brand that is very desirable and has been around for several years now. Kymco is another one with a very good track record. If you have the cash they beat the * out of any spree.
islandbayy
Elite
Elite

Post by islandbayy »

I wouldnt say that we are all for air polluition. 2 stroke engines are almost always in small vehicles (like of cource, mopeds). When you are driving a moped, you are not driving a what? Yep, a Car or Truck (or mabe a Semi). By not driving a Car or Truck (or mabe a Semi), you are going from getting 10-40 miles per gallon (depending on what other vehicle you have) to getting 60-120 miles per gallon.

I would say that is a big reduction in pollution. Then add in the cheaper cost of maintance, and less waste that needs to be disposed of (Waste meaning oil changes from cars, transmission fluids, coolant, *, even the whole vehicle after it's past it's time)

Anyone, driving a 2 cycle scoot, no matter what mpg it gets, no matter how fast it gets, no matter how long the darn thing lasts, is ahead of the game polution wize no matter what (well, of cource, your not ahead if you get a brand new scoot, and crash it after 20 miles, but same goes if you crash that nice shiny new car :P )

Personally, the only nice thing I like about 4 cycle scoots, is that I dont have to worry about having enough 2 cycle oil in stock (at home) to top off with. But that brings another problem, with having to change the oil every summer (or fall, or both depending if you like to do it again before winter storage)
Owner of K-Man Auto, Scooters, & Electric Cars
Home of Wisconsin's First Street Legal DOT Licensed Electric Cars!
http://KmanScooters.com
http://MilwaukeeEV.com
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

-aL- wrote:yeah right, if i wasnt poor, id get the ruckus
Hey u arnt the only one lol.
berreta22
Elite
Elite

Post by berreta22 »

islandbayy wrote:I wouldnt say that we are all for air polluition. 2 stroke engines are almost always in small vehicles (like of cource, mopeds). When you are driving a moped, you are not driving a what? Yep, a Car or Truck (or mabe a Semi). By not driving a Car or Truck (or mabe a Semi), you are going from getting 10-40 miles per gallon (depending on what other vehicle you have) to getting 60-120 miles per gallon.

I would say that is a big reduction in pollution. Then add in the cheaper cost of maintance, and less waste that needs to be disposed of (Waste meaning oil changes from cars, transmission fluids, coolant, *, even the whole vehicle after it's past it's time)

Anyone, driving a 2 cycle scoot, no matter what mpg it gets, no matter how fast it gets, no matter how long the darn thing lasts, is ahead of the game polution wize no matter what (well, of cource, your not ahead if you get a brand new scoot, and crash it after 20 miles, but same goes if you crash that nice shiny new car :P )

Personally, the only nice thing I like about 4 cycle scoots, is that I dont have to worry about having enough 2 cycle oil in stock (at home) to top off with. But that brings another problem, with having to change the oil every summer (or fall, or both depending if you like to do it again before winter storage)
Not to mention that while you are not polluting you are also using less fuel so that also means you are conserving the environment..i know it may not be what you had in mind drivin these scoots but its just a thought
1987 Spree 4400 miles 32 mph stock with my 285lb ***
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

nope i got the scoot so i can go realy far on one gallon of gas and once i get my new one i'll be able to go even farther on one gallon and yea i guess less polution is good too
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

so what kind are u going to get?