Gyro - 84 (NN50)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

swflcarl
Spree
Spree

Gyro - 84 (NN50)

Post by swflcarl »

Found this and may pick it up - cheap.

I know it is not like my beloved '85, and I need it like a moose needs a hat rack... but what the *.

Best Regards Gyro Heads.
I'm more than happy to explain it to you. I'll even draw you a picture! But I can't understand it for you.

'86 Spree - Gone
'86 Spree - Gone
'85 Aero 50 - Gone
'94 Elite SR - Gone
'96 Elite SR - Gone
'01 Elite S
'85 Gyro - Its Alive
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Gyro - 84 (NN50)

Post by swimmingfree »

looks to good to not pick up if the price is wright ... you cood get it running and sell it ....( if you can lol but you may want to keep it )
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
swflcarl
Spree
Spree

Post by swflcarl »

Hey Swim... bet you are freezing your * off up there. It cold here in FL too. Hope your winter build yields good spring results.

Yea... it is cheap. Can you say $100. If it is not gone and the guy texts me back, I will have it. I bought my 85 for $100 and brought it back to life... took it down to frame and painted it. It had to have been sitting for 10 years plus... and came right back to life. Its a Honda - so I guess I should not be surprised.

85 gyro is the favorite of all my scoot people who come over for rides. Something about a road-fox that can't be appreciated until ridden. Anyways.... we will know if I have another $100 gyro project soon.

Best Regards.
Last edited by swflcarl on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm more than happy to explain it to you. I'll even draw you a picture! But I can't understand it for you.

'86 Spree - Gone
'86 Spree - Gone
'85 Aero 50 - Gone
'94 Elite SR - Gone
'96 Elite SR - Gone
'01 Elite S
'85 Gyro - Its Alive
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Track him down and camp out on his porch this morning :) What a price :mrgreen:
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

yes its cold a ??? but its all the snow we are getting have to snow blower is getting a work out :smile:
that 84 looks in good shape on the side in the pitcher if its only a 100 dollar i wood get it when you get it running and it scooter time in Fort Myers sell it bet you cood sell. it for about 400 ... and have more money to by a new toy to play with.....
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
motormike

Post by motormike »

It's a no-brainer Carl... :naughty:
It looks to be sitting at the city-dump...lol
I have had some friends ride my '85 and make funny faces afterward... :confused:... :surprise: ... :nervous: ... :( ... :? ... :roll:
If you've never ridden an '84, you will have to form your own opinion.
I had two of them and the fun factor is there, but the '85-86 brings a lot more to the table when your talking performance/control.... :urban:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
swflcarl
Spree
Spree

Post by swflcarl »

MM... have low expectations - as the 85 is my crown jewel.

Cannot get seller to get back with me... might be sold. Anyways... will let you guys know what comes about.

For the price... it would be fun. I just enjoy bringing misfits back to life. My garage is full of 2 smokes.

My son is 10-1/2 and loves the sound, smell, performance, of 2-strokes.

1-KX65, 1-KX85/100, 2-RM85.... on top of my scoots. Recently did my first top end rebuild. The dirt-bike forums blow compared to this site when it comes to folks who are helpful and dedicated to these 50s.

Nice to hear from you my friend... best regards.

'86 Spree - Gone
'86 Spree - Gone
'85 Aero 50 - Gone
'94 Elite SR - Gone
'96 Elite SR - Gone
'01 Elite S
'85 Gyro - Its Alive
forty9er
Noob
Noob

Post by forty9er »

I just joined the forum. I'm in Punta gorda for the winter and just bought a 84 Gyro. I have an 85 back in Indiana and really like it.

The 84 would not start without using starter fluid. Cleaned the carb & new plug but no luck. Had a scooter shop here put the carb in his tank. The Gyro now starts but dosen't show that it is charging by putting a volt meter on the battery.Checked out recctifier - it's okay. Can't find any thing wrong in wiring harness. My friend who is much more of a mechanic than I am thinks it's the alternater. Any ideas??

Thanks
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

forty9er wrote:I just joined the forum. I'm in Punta gorda for the winter and just bought a 84 Gyro. I have an 85 back in Indiana and really like it.

The 84 would not start without using starter fluid. Cleaned the carb & new plug but no luck. Had a scooter shop here put the carb in his tank. The Gyro now starts but dosen't show that it is charging by putting a volt meter on the battery.Checked out recctifier - it's okay. Can't find any thing wrong in wiring harness. My friend who is much more of a mechanic than I am thinks it's the alternater. Any ideas??

Thanks

Check the stator and if it is the stator good luck on finding one .