Build Forum Discussion

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Re: '86 Aero build. 60mph?

Post by Kevinstonge »

And now that we've filled your build thread with garbage posts about what the mods are doing, it's def fire trucked.

Cam I guess we all do have different views on what should and shouldn't be in the build section. I'm not saying the way you went about it was wrong, but if the mods want to keep things a certain way, i think we should respect it and post accordingly. Regardless I'd like to see this build happen and can't wait to see the outcome
Last edited by Kevinstonge on Thu May 01, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

swimmingfree wrote:if inney thing he shood move the hole post not cut it up....
swimmingfree
I agree with you there.
Cam-V53
BMX
BMX

Post by Cam-V53 »

Kevinstonge wrote:Also when you do continue the build thread ( maybe even start a new one and trash this one), I'd love to see pics and a detailed explanation on your af16 gear swap.
Im not planning on doing a af16 gear swap. Im trying to do it with all the af05e cases.
'86 Aero 62cc bbk, malossi wild lion, stock Ruckus variator, more to come...
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Mouse is just trying to save the thread from going sideways, although I'd leave it up to the OP but that's why I'm not a mod ha! Either way maybe post a link to the in between talk where it left off, kind of like a spoiler link, then resume the thread with in its own body in chronological order.
Yes - linking the threads together would be helpful!

-- Builds discussion:
Personal time is short at the moment. Let me post another side of Builds, at this site and externally for thought:

-- How did builds start?
Original Builds charter was high level, to showcase, celebrate and capture thread owner output:
Tyler VR's Spree Engine Swap: Recent example of Builds original vision http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... 16&t=26079

External reference of Builds capture - scan TotalRuckus.com's "Member Rides" section

----

P.S. --
3) Discussion on why you shouldn't post things there or general discussions. This should be a no-brainer, but again, there's another home for these, in General Discussion.
We're hitting rule 3 in this thread. -- I will move this topic to General tonight, keeping Cam's thread clean.
Cam-V53
BMX
BMX

Post by Cam-V53 »

whatever im done with this build thread i guess no one will see how its built.
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

Cam-V53 wrote:
Kevinstonge wrote:Also when you do continue the build thread ( maybe even start a new one and trash this one), I'd love to see pics and a detailed explanation on your af16 gear swap.
Im not planning on doing a af16 gear swap. Im trying to do it with all the af05e cases.
Oops, I saw Curtis' post and thought it was yours. 60 will definitely be a stretch without malossi gears, but maybe not impossible.

Cam-V53 wrote:whatever im done with this build thread i guess no one will see how its built.
And really dude? You sound like a 12yr old girl. But no offense or anything..
Cam-V53
BMX
BMX

Post by Cam-V53 »

And really dude? You sound like a 12yr old girl. But no offense or anything..[/quote]

I sound like a 12 year old for sticking up for myself.?.. And how are you gonna say no offense after something like that? That the most hypocritical thing someone can say after a comment like that. If I can't do things a certain way then why do them at all? I know how to build stuff and some pretty cool things. But with those builds come questions. If I can't have all of that in one place then I feel no need to a build thread.
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

Haha. I was being facetious. Reason being that your making such a big stink over nothing. Is it that hard to post in two sections? Questions/ suggestions there, pics and updates here? Granted your build thread was mostly directed toward a build and not tech questions, but why not have the two threads going at once. You may even get more feedback.
And if you don't feel like going through all the 'hassle', then don't. But making unnecessary comments to moderators will get you no where. They work hard and do a great job with this forum and the wealth of info it contains for us, and do it for probably nothing.

I'm sure there are reasons they want to organize it the way they do, and if you think there are better ways to do it, maybe try pm'ing them with comments and suggestions instead of threatening to not let the world see your epic build.
Last edited by Kevinstonge on Thu May 01, 2014 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

Cam-V53 wrote: But with those builds come questions. If I can't have all of that in one place then I feel no need to a build thread.
There is a place sir, it's called the Performance Technical section.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

Fab Flash 7: Fabrizi 50mm Cylinder Kit (70.4 MPH) is under
Board index ┬╗ Honda Spree/Elite Forums ┬╗ Scooter Build...
it shood be split my mousewheels
sorry Wheelman-111... it got to long to just be a build and there a lot of input about
1) Asking technical questions on either stock running or performance parts. We have forums for this.

becase of how mousewheels split my post i will not be posting on it inny more i will not starte a nother post on here again ...i no not a big deal ....
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Build Forum Discussion

Post by mousewheels »

Who is Builds for?
At inception, and compared with peer Total Ruckus "Member Rides', Builds forum provides output for non-technical as well as technical members.

Builders present pictures and info about the build at a high level.
They research parts, troubleshoot and tune their rides *outside* the build.

Thus, builds is not a support resource.

What builders want
Builders are looking for support resource for information, input and help. A place to hook up with experts, find out what parts to buy, how to build and tune. That makes it convenient for members to contain research, assembly and tuning questions in one thread.

-- Moderation
Current Builds forum guidelines puts builder support usage as outside Builds charter. Moderation in general has been somewhat loose, builds have some of this present.

Recent moderation: Portions of a thread heavy in support usage are moved to Perf Tech, or Tech help.

Opinion
Builds Forum usage as a builder support tool will overrun the forum's original use. Build output is eclipsed by the volume of builder input requests.

I agree with Kevinstonge, Performance Technical is currently the closest forum to cover this.
I agree with LMH - if a build thread gets to where portions are moved, place a link to the moved portion

Action
To get things moving let's move Swimmingfree's and Cam's entire threads to Perf Technical. They can then choose what they want to share for others in Builds at a higher level.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Corrective Action Complete
Here are links to the builds moved to Performance Tech.

Swimmingfree 'SE50 Build' Link
Cam-V53 '86 Aero Build Link

-- Others
bfowler - Would you like your build thread moved to Performance Technical?

Any one else?

Thank you,
mousewheels
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I don't mind all the Questions in the build thread personally but not my forum. I like seeing everyone's build and all the responses and questions regarding the build with the pictures of it in one place as a reference. But if the Mods deem to move my s*** (and it has been done) so be it
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

^ agreed. I like seeing the questions as well, but I agree with mouse that it's more appropriate to put ongoing builds in the perf tech section. Maybe we need a separate builds section in the tech and perf tech group. And possibly rename our current build section to members rides...
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

as a member her from Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:28 AM with 2954 post it that he,s doing it now ...i have never see it before this year.... that bugs me big time.... if can spend the time to cut up a post he can spend the time to put it back together... a post with out question from the reader or from the person posting wood be a dull read input is good .... and photo are better :smile:
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet