A journey on a stock spree 1986

Trying to get your Spree/Elite to run, or run better? Post your questions here.

Moderator: Moderator

Olivierbidulepicard
Noob
Noob

A journey on a stock spree 1986

Post by Olivierbidulepicard »

I everyone , i'm maybe a little crazy but ... On my two weeks vacation i'm going down the states to as far as possible from montreal , canada by de us 1 . In the meantime i would like to find some parts like (better stickers, a new back rack, and some tips or great meetings with anyone that is passionate to this little scooter . I will post photos during and after my journey( wich will be the longest journey on a honda spree so far )

Any people on my way ?
Olivierbidulepicard
Noob
Noob

Re: A journey on a stock spree 1986

New oroginal stickers for a 1986 red spree.
As i said too i'm also looking for any parts in better condition such as my back rack .

If you do a 3 days ride you can join me up for a part of my trip hah . I'm leaving montreal on july 23-24 and i'm back to this town on the 6th of august

My goal is new orleans. If a car can do it in 2 x 12hours i can do it in 4-5 days . Let me know if you are around !
Olivierbidulepicard
Noob
Noob

I will document my journey for sure !
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Salut Olivier:
If a car can do it in 2 x 12hours i can do it in 4-5 days . Let me know if you are around !
Hmm, I wish I could agree. You have to factor fuel stops and running more secondary roads through towns with traffic lights. You might have to do a tire and belt swap or two as well.

En tout cas, bonne chance!

Guy
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Olivierbidulepicard
Noob
Noob

I have new tires and a complete check up of my scooter has been done before the plannification . No worries . Plus i have over tires, . Merci guy pour les conseils , j'emenerai une belt supl├®mentaire pour mon honda spree . O├╣ je peux m'en trouver une qui fittera assur├®ment ?
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

@g9 sounds like fun B. Good luck Olivier
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Olivierbidulepicard
Noob
Noob

Wheelman-111 wrote:Salut Olivier:
If a car can do it in 2 x 12hours i can do it in 4-5 days . Let me know if you are around !
Hmm, I wish I could agree. You have to factor fuel stops and running more secondary roads through towns with traffic lights. You might have to do a tire and belt swap or two as well.

En tout cas, bonne chance!

Guy
Well i tought about your traffic lights and stops. But it doesn't really count beacause from mtl north to south shore by the highway it takes 30 mins. In the best conditions. In scooter by little streets and with lights : 1 hour no matter what . You can have traffic on highway, you will have to stop on the highway too eat, fill gaz and whatever so . There's no real difference for the time but the speed of the ride
Olivierbidulepicard
Noob
Noob

graphite9 wrote:Im envisioning the clip of dumb and dumber on the mini bike right now...maybe everyone on here needs to donate spare parts, a hondaspree group sponsor. Count me in.
Thank you very much for the support ! If only i had time to pass by oregon !
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The 1,600-something miles between Montreal Nord and rue Bourbon means a moving time of 54 hours IF you can AVERAGE 30 MPH. (You can't) Add about 3 hours for 30 or so fuel/oil stops, assuming 100 MPG and you don't need food and wear a urine catheter like they do in the Iron Butt Rally. So, about 60 hours? Road time for your Spree spree from LA Cite to The Big Easy. We're on your side, cheering.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Olivierbidulepicard
Noob
Noob

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

The 1,600-something miles between Montreal Nord and rue Bourbon means a moving time of 54 hours IF you can AVERAGE 30 MPH. (You can't) Add about 3 hours for 30 or so fuel/oil stops, assuming 100 MPG and you don't need food and wear a urine catheter like they do in the Iron Butt Rally. So, about 60 hours? Road time for your Spree spree from LA Cite to The Big Easy. We're on your side, cheering.
A guy said once : it's the journey that matters, not the destination.

My optimistic goal is new orleans. That means i have prepared my material and my road plan for it. But maybe i won't get to it . It doesn't matter to me . Maths says to me that it's possible. Will it be done ? I don't know . That's what makes all this beautiful .
Olivierbidulepicard
Noob
Noob

It ended up ! I'm in milton, PA (after 2 x 12hours ) and with an overheating the piston wants to die. So if anybody is around me and wants to help me to find a new bore.... Well haha

Btw milton is a great city !
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

might want to check if your airbox is on good. a clogged carb can run hot too. carb cleaner. check and see if the filter is clean and oiled good. and the airbox is connected good. and you dont have any airleaks. like the airbox not connected to the carb good.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

That's pretty sweet, imagine doing it on a geared and big bored elite. I imagine your rear hurts tho from the ride. After 3 hours I'm done.
Olivierbidulepicard
Noob
Noob

My bore is not well running , i'm low on compression and cant accelerate all have been checked up
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Olivierbidulepicard wrote:My bore is not well running , i'm low on compression and cant accelerate all have been checked up
Isn't that always the way it goes. As soon as you want to drive aomthing it breaks. Saved you from a breakdown though finding the issue now.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock