Spree 48mm big bore kits

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Ultraliner

Re: Spree 48mm big bore kits

Post by Ultraliner »

paulpauly7 wrote:I have a spare airbox lid and a good clutch here some where .You still got my number ? Txt me ill sort you out ive still got lots of nifty parts ive also got a sb50 intake manifold and reeds which bolt up but are much larger than the stock nifty setup.I may actually have a nifty clutch here thati fitted some modded rpm springs for more revs on take off .
Hey mate, that would be awesome if you could sort me out with a clutch and airbox lid! Yes I still have your number, will flick you a txt shortly ;) I done the SB50 intake block not long after I bought it, made a noticeable difference on top speed

Those new gears you sold me are working a treat so far, getting up round 35 - 40 km/h at about half throttle on the flat :smile:
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

Great to hear that beast will tip 65 - 70kmh when tuned up nicely a pipe would really wake it up tho .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Nifty 68 has been running great since its recent rebuild and have put almost 50km on it since, mostly riding around in the hills after work.

It seems to have developed a clattering type noise at idle and also quite noticeable on deceleration which upon closer listening sounds like its coming from the flywheel side of the engine.

Pulled the flywheel tonight checking for anything loose and all seems fine so am guessing one of the bearings is on its way out.

Probably time for a winter strip down and total bottom end rebuild... I havent had much of a chance to look around, are bearing and seal kits easy enough to get for the af05e?
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Pretty sure i've just answered my own question... It was late and I was tired
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Seals and bearings are totally easy to find :-) the seals are used in a bunch of different Hondas. And the bearing were still available last time I looked from Honda. As long as you have a bearing you can measure them up.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

I managed to diagnose and repair an issue i've been experiencing recently where my scoot would on occasion rev fine but acceleration was pretty much non-existent(a severe case of belt slippage?)

After removing and dismantling the clutch I discovered that the sliding action of the rear pulley halves was very tight and binding on the shaft somewhere between 2/3 of its travel to the fully open position.

I had a spare so made one good assembly out of two and now it's working fine

I can only surmise that the binding of the faulty pulley was occasionally allowing the rear pulley halves to jam in a semi open position, reducing the tension on the belt and causing an almost total loss of drive ;)
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

You rock Ultraliner! Great job getting that issue figured out. Two thumbs up!
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock