Tillotson jetless carbs

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Tillotson jetless carbs

Post by veedubh20 »

the dyno test wont get same power in portland vs honolulu climate season.

tuning vary on trail error .
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

It would be interesting to see how well they handle dirty gas, like maybe intentionally test them and see how easy it is to rebuild them?
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

That carb looks bad *.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

e10 gas problem on 2 stroke carb.

that is a hassle carb to overhaul..

i rather go back to regular carb.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Actually, that's what I'm wondering-hard or easy? I've never owned a chainsaw haha.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I'm just wondering if it's easily rebuild able or if it needs parts like quadrant carbs and the like. I run a filter but I still premix from a can so I'm always afraid of dirt clogging Mt carb n killing my commute.

I've read that snowmobiles and dirtbikes and chainsaws use these mainly because of the frequent altitude changes, not any performance reasons tho. Racing 2t guys seem to like flat slide powerjet carbs.
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

That carb and mount set up is bada$$!! Can't wait to see a video of it zooming down the road.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

benji wrote:I'm just wondering if it's easily rebuild able or if it needs parts like quadrant carbs and the like.
They require parts. 1 part; the diaphram, which degrades and breaks down over the years. Kind of like the float valves in OEM carbs; replacing those was an every 5 year job on my GS500.

Frankly, anyone into modding these engines isn't on a 5 year useful life horizon... they want more power than that. So I don't think it's a legit concern.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

If there meant for high performance it would be understandable if they had certain drawbacks, I'm not trying to take them down or anything. My main concern is low quality gas, which we have alot of here in the Seattle area. One theory I've heard is its the humidity and pollen in the air building up in the gas-and i beleive it. I'm running a new petcock and a new in-tank screen and have a fresh filter on it, and I still take the carb apart and clean it once a month or so, and it always seems to have something in the bowl. I'm starting to use mine more as a commuter, and I'm interested in these carbs but not if I can't take them apart, spray em out, and put it back together w/o replacing seals or the like.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

noiseguy wrote:
benji wrote:I'm just wondering if it's easily rebuild able or if it needs parts like quadrant carbs and the like.

Frankly, anyone into modding these engines isn't on a 5 year useful life horizon... they want more power than that. So I don't think it's a legit concern.
Actually I've seen a few guys on here taking there modded motors to 5 digit odometer readings and/or getting several useful years out of there motors. But I'm not really worried about longevity, things will always need maintenence.