Reliability Spree bbk Poll

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Reliability issues vs No issues. Spree bbk.

Who had issues with their Spree bbk.
33%
Who did not have issues with the Spree bbk.
67%

Total votes: 6

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Reliability Spree bbk Poll

Post by jakubman1 »

Is it worth it? Is it not?
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Re: Reliability Spree bbk Poll

Post by Jonadz »

Only issues I've had so far, knock on wood, were my own doing, soft sieze well before break in because I was getting a little exited. Tuning is a current issue but is due to many other previously non perfect components. It's getting better everyday! I just got back from a 2 hour, 40 mile of and on ride. Average speed of 30mph with a peak of over 40 on level ground. Pulling hills at 25-30, hills I have to down shift in my v6 Toyota to make!
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Here's a pic of this bbk spree I built a month ago. This is with a bbk, upgraded transmission gear, and a AX23 belt (which however did not work as well on low end). But I was cruising at 39mph which was pretty dang cool! :coolcruise:

And that's with a stock carburetor and exhaust 8)
Attachments
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG (96.64 KiB) Viewed 3800 times
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

It's not worth it if you are just looking to beef up the engine. It is worth it, if you are a more serious hobbyist looking for more out of your Spree while retaining the stock features of the bike knowing what we all know now about the intake on a Spree engine. You can either spend the money on a BBK and spend time which is pretty free, to fix any issues before they arise and get what the BBK can do at it's most efficient tune. Or spend a bundle of money trying to hunt down rare stuff. From what I understand Taz is working on an intake adapter solution, and perhaps Brandon might be persuaded to do something in a CNC. So I guess... BBK... is it worth it?? Absolutely, if you have patience.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Nuff' said:
dyno.jpg
dyno.jpg (45.21 KiB) Viewed 3788 times