What Kind of engine oil do you use in your Moped?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

What Kind of Oil do you use?

Synthetic 2 stroke injection
48%
Regular 2 stroke injection
38%
Other(specify)
14%

Total votes: 29

No_Stopping_A_Spree
Spree
Spree

What Kind of engine oil do you use in your Moped?

Post by No_Stopping_A_Spree »

When I bought the elite the guy gave me some Bombardier 2 stroke injection oil which has been doing its job but now that I used the container up I'm going to be switching to Ipone 2 stroke special injector oil..I'm not sure what special injection means but it is made specifically for scooters and it is strawberry scented ;) it is also synthetic. With near 7,750 miles(when I should have most of the bombardier oil used up) I am planning on running this stuff so I'm planning on making the switch from regular oil to synthetic.

Anyway, just wondering what kind of oil everyone else is using and their luck with it if they'd like to say :wink:
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

I run some old castrol stuff right now but its really dirty so im switching over soon.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
rickc
BMX
BMX

Post by rickc »

Pennzoil marine (semi-synthetic) or Honda GN2 (conventional) when available locally.
Last edited by rickc on Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'86 Spree x 3
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Re: What Kind of engine oil do you use in your Moped?

Post by GIJoeBob »

No_Stopping_A_Spree wrote:When I bought the elite the guy gave me some Bombardier 2 stroke injection oil which has been doing its job but now that I used the container up I'm going to be switching to Ipone 2 stroke special injector oil..I'm not sure what special injection means but it is made specifically for scooters and it is strawberry scented ;) it is also synthetic. With near 7,750 miles(when I should have most of the bombardier oil used up) I am planning on running this stuff so I'm planning on making the switch from regular oil to synthetic.

Anyway, just wondering what kind of oil everyone else is using and their luck with it if they'd like to say :wink:
I'm new here, new to scooters and new to 2 cycle engines so I am sorry if this is a dumb question, but apart from getting laughed at by the other lumberjacks, is there a reason I couldn't use this strawberry scented oil in my chainsaw? :D
No_Stopping_A_Spree
Spree
Spree

Re: What Kind of engine oil do you use in your Moped?

GIJoeBob wrote:
No_Stopping_A_Spree wrote:When I bought the elite the guy gave me some Bombardier 2 stroke injection oil which has been doing its job but now that I used the container up I'm going to be switching to Ipone 2 stroke special injector oil..I'm not sure what special injection means but it is made specifically for scooters and it is strawberry scented ;) it is also synthetic. With near 7,750 miles(when I should have most of the bombardier oil used up) I am planning on running this stuff so I'm planning on making the switch from regular oil to synthetic.

I'm new here, new to scooters and new to 2 cycle engines so I am sorry if this is a dumb question, but apart from getting laughed at by the other lumberjacks, is there a reason I couldn't use this strawberry scented oil in my chainsaw? :D
I don't see what it would hurt as long as it is mixed at the correct ratio..I just can't wait to run the stuff in my moped myself ;)
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

i buy a container that says " 2-stroke oil " from a * gas station down the road from my house
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
No_Stopping_A_Spree
Spree
Spree

Dac wrote:i buy a container that says " 2-stroke oil " from a * gas station down the road from my house
I do that with my snowmobile..its around 2 bucks for a quart lol..probably going to buy klots this winter though..d*** good oil
Reydawggy
Noob
Noob

Post by Reydawggy »

Castrol sythetic 2 stroke
It's fun, so what!
myhonda
Elite
Elite

Post by myhonda »

i get this universal 2-stroke injector oil from this exxon down the road
skaltpunk
Goped
Goped

Post by skaltpunk »

there was a great deal on Honda GN-2 Oil, so i bought 5 quarts of it. seems to be good stuff.

are there any dangers to adding a bit of oil to the gas even when the injector is working?
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

skaltpunk wrote:there was a great deal on Honda GN-2 Oil, so i bought 5 quarts of it. seems to be good stuff.

are there any dangers to adding a bit of oil to the gas even when the injector is working?
a dude from honda fed me a line of crap why not to. but as long as you dont add alot you should be good. but for real a little bit is all.
wait for some one else to reply who knows 100%
1991--------Tomos Targa-
No_Stopping_A_Spree
Spree
Spree

I don't notice much difference from the bombardier oil to the strawberry ipone (synthetic) it doesn't even smell like strawberry's coming from the exhaust which I thought it would have..the only two things I've noticed are the speed from 25-29/30 is a tad bit faster but that may be because I put in about 2 small capfulls of fuel injector+carb cleaner and my other observation I seen was the oil is used up a little faster, which generally isn't a bad thing.
No_Stopping_A_Spree
Spree
Spree

Dac wrote:
skaltpunk wrote:there was a great deal on Honda GN-2 Oil, so i bought 5 quarts of it. seems to be good stuff.

a dude from honda fed me a line of crap why not to. but as long as you dont add alot you should be good. but for real a little bit is all.
wait for some one else to reply who knows 100%
I'm curious to what could be bad about adding a little oil at the gas tank..the only thing I could figure is something with the petcock or it may make it run leaner if to much is addedother than that I don't see what could be bad about it. what did honda end up telling you?
spreedio
Noob
Noob

Post by spreedio »

I premix using synthetic Motul 800 2-stroke oil
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

hey fokes, i think i might have found my problem. who i fried my last bore kit.
i dont use 2 stroke injection oil. i just buy a container that says 2stroke. not injection. how bad is this? and should i trow away what i got and get all new injection oil?

[the dumb * at honda said it could cause it to fire before the plug sparks. it could pre-combust like Diesel motors. he had no proof to back it up thats just what he said. when i asked him if he cared to explain he said 'thats just what i heard.']
1991--------Tomos Targa-