Saddle bags...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

2fast4u
BMX
BMX

Saddle bags...

Post by 2fast4u »

Trying to customize my black 86 Spree a bit. So far have done a flame job on it (the flames are reflective as well, too cool). Was wondering if anyone has ever seen saddle bags for a Spree or know where one could find some... or has anyone ever set up some kind of pocket/basket type deal on their rear panels? Wondering if it would rip the panels out as I rode... hmmm. Ideas?
Cold grinding grizzly bear jaws, hot on your heels...
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

" i would rather have something and not need it ,then need something and not have it"

in other words go for it. go to honda dealer and tell them what your doing believe it or not those guys with cool shirts can help
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
clocklaw
BMX
BMX

Post by clocklaw »

I put a set on my CH80.....I LOVE them.....they are really roomy, I carry my thermos to work in them every morning.

2001 Honda CH80
2006 Suzuki AN650
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

fancy stand you got there. if you dont mind me asking were would you get something like that and how much?
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
nate_lohs
Spree
Spree

Post by nate_lohs »

what brand are those saddle bags? where did you buy them from?
2001 honda elite S
2006 kawi vulcan 1600
1996 toyota tacoma
clocklaw
BMX
BMX

Post by clocklaw »

The bags are Technic and I picked them up at newenough.com for $35....my only regret was that I only bought one set at that price.

I picked up the stand at a Pep-Boys.......at around $350 it has paid for itself several times over already.
2001 Honda CH80
2006 Suzuki AN650
2fast4u
BMX
BMX

Post by 2fast4u »

:( Bummer... checked the site and it seems like they don't have those bags anymore. The search continues...
clocklaw
BMX
BMX

Post by clocklaw »

yes, they were on clearance when I purchased them...by the time they arrived and I was able to see the quality, they were already sold out on the site......I was lucky.

perhaps you could find them elsewhere.
2001 Honda CH80
2006 Suzuki AN650
2fast4u
BMX
BMX

Post by 2fast4u »

Clocklaw- could you please post a pic of what it looks like when you lift the seat on your scoot? I am trying to fashion my own saddlebags for my Spree using messenger bags, but when you lift the seat the gas and oil caps are there and a few others things. It would just give me some perspective on what true saddles for a scoot should look like. I'm assuming my straps would have to go under the seat but I don't wanna hurt anything under there either...
Reydawggy
Noob
Noob

Post by Reydawggy »

What about a small top case? I put this on my Spree and it fits proportionally well. I usually have a messenger bag for other things, but this will keep a lock and tools just fine. I think It looks better on a scoot anyway. It's not a Harley...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Black-Mo ... 0138775389
It's fun, so what!
clocklaw
BMX
BMX

Post by clocklaw »

I have a BESTUM case that I have been thinking about putting on the Scooter....but I really don't like it that much. I got it for my Burgman and kept it on for about a week.....hated it.

I'll see if I can get you those pics with the seat up.
2001 Honda CH80
2006 Suzuki AN650
rickc
BMX
BMX

Post by rickc »

For storage I just bolted an old Samsonite overnight case to the Spree's luggage rack. One of the old hard plastic ones. It fit perfectly between the turn signals at the back of the rack.

Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Samsonite-B ... dZViewItem
'86 Spree x 3
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

I found an old meat basket from a freezer that should zip tie on nicely after i get this thing back to a roadworthy status.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
clocklaw
BMX
BMX

Post by clocklaw »

2fast4u wrote:Clocklaw- could you please post a pic of what it looks like when you lift the seat on your scoot? I am trying to fashion my own saddlebags for my Spree using messenger bags, but when you lift the seat the gas and oil caps are there and a few others things. It would just give me some perspective on what true saddles for a scoot should look like. I'm assuming my straps would have to go under the seat but I don't wanna hurt anything under there either...
This is what it looks like with the seat up.

2001 Honda CH80
2006 Suzuki AN650