Speedometer Sticker

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Speedometer Sticker

Post by Dac »

ok so heres my thinking. i have searched far and long and im not able to find a speedometer that 100% will work for my 92 elite. so i got thinking. i could take the cover off the speedometer and add masking tape with the number 45 and 55 on it. that way i could know how fast im going past 35mph. from that i got thinking about making a printable paper thats the same just with 45 and 55 mph added. brain storming on photoshop i decided i could make a hole sticker to put over the bottom layer of the speedometer.
here is what it is like now....

here is what im thinking.

im still not sure if i like it yet. but step dads printer has a sticker capability. i think i might take my speedometer all apart tomorrow when i get off work. that way when i get it to the point im happy with it i can print it and try putting it on. im running on sunchip's crumbs because i ran out like 2 hours ago. and im really tired so i know in the morning im going to be like " what the * was i thinking with that that style"
my main thing is the top looks a little empty. Plus if i end up going with that style i have to redo the hole thing on a scale version. and im not sure if those speeds are even close. any input any one?
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

that would be cool to do i thought about doing something like that.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i made some like that for sprees, but i never made them faster, i took that vinal wood grain, and slapped in on the speedo, turned the lights on and sat there for a long time with a xacto cutting out all the light holes.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

ok well after 3 hours of work last nigh i have to start over. something i just realize is that my last one was not to scale. there for useless.
so i dug up my scanner and got a to scale scan of it.
i just got working on it about 10 minutes ago and this is what i got so far.
ImageJust scanned
Image outside and inside edited out.
Image just starting brain storming
click to see full size.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

as of now...

well know i feel like a fool. all this work and it all becomes useless after my 7 year old sister ask me ''How are you going to see the numbers glow at night?"
now its coming down to how much do i really ride at night. answer being kinda allot. now im thinking do i go for style or use able?
1991--------Tomos Targa-
sethumich
Noob
Noob

Post by sethumich »

I had to make a prop radar screen that was illuminated from behind. I used a special printer at school that prints onto clear plastic for overhead projectors. It worked great, and I'm sure you could do something like that. I would imagine that every school or college would have one.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

well i tried to print out a copy last night to see how much i liked it. it was to small and much to dark. know i get to play the resize game and try to get it perfect.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
CharlotteSpreeRider
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by CharlotteSpreeRider »

Any office supply store sells inkjet transparency sheets. You should be able to use those (assuming you have an inkjet style printer, like one that uses ink).

-aseigler
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

Do you really need to know how fast you are going? Nah.

I say you should put some cool stuff on there like-

"Fusion Core Temp"

"7.62mm Rounds Remaining"

"Antitheft Explosive Charge Armed"

:lol: :lol:
No_Stopping_A_Spree
Spree
Spree

Re: Speedometer Sticker

Post by No_Stopping_A_Spree »

Dac wrote:ok so heres my thinking. i have searched far and long and im not able to find a speedometer that 100% will work for my 92 elite. so i got thinking. i could take the cover off the speedometer and add masking tape with the number 45 and 55 on it. that way i could know how fast im going past 35mph. from that i got thinking about making a printable paper thats the same just with 45 and 55 mph added. brain storming on photoshop i decided i could make a hole sticker to put over the bottom layer of the speedometer.
here is what it is like now....

here is what im thinking.

im still not sure if i like it yet. but step dads printer has a sticker capability. i think i might take my speedometer all apart tomorrow when i get off work. that way when i get it to the point im happy with it i can print it and try putting it on. im running on sunchip's crumbs because i ran out like 2 hours ago. and im really tired so i know in the morning im going to be like " what the * was i thinking with that that style"
my main thing is the top looks a little empty. Plus if i end up going with that style i have to redo the hole thing on a scale version. and im not sure if those speeds are even close. any input any one?
Hey, thats a perfect pic..why??Thats the fastest I've gotten mine up to(yes that exact spot lol) and I was curious to what speed it was
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

Why bother? your 92 elite will only go 40mph, if you had 94 elite-s you could bury the speedo with the right setup and use a kymco 120 kmh speedo which costs $125 i bury mine all the time so these speedos are useless to me :lol:
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

uh DEE DEE DEE if you followed any thing on the site. you would know thats on my old half-fried bore kit. im still breaking in my new one
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

can any one tell me if my numbers are right? i think im going to get it to scale then make it. i stopped before because i couldnt get it to scale + the lights. at this point im really thinking of doing this.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Dac wrote:Image
can any one tell me if my numbers are right? i think im going to get it to scale then make it. i stopped before because i couldnt get it to scale + the lights. at this point im really thinking of doing this.
i cant find anything on if these numbers are close. im really wanting to do this for my 96 but i dont know if these numbers are right. can any one verify?
1991--------Tomos Targa-
ClemScooter
Noob
Noob

Post by ClemScooter »

I think you could probably get some glow in the dark marker or paint and use that on the speedo when you finish so you will be able to see at night. Don't know if that would work, but just a thought.