I'm back folks! Joining the Honda crowd once again :)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

I'm back folks! Joining the Honda crowd once again :)

Post by burnt_toast »

Some of you may remember me from way back when. A time that we had the funky but nice color changing board with public announcements, and a chatroom that everyone talked about but didnt use.. ahh the days. :P vette76, BluPhire, Jim, darat, myspree and noiseguy who started it all, respects to all you guys.

At that point I only had my '85 Spree but stopped using it after getting a ticket (couldn't legalize it due to no title). So instead I gave a lot of technical advice to all and helped out the community, later becoming a moderator. Being dethroned of the title a few months later due to not bringing noiseguy his coffee.. :roll: :P

Times changed and my spree sat, in meantime I got a Vento that I started working on and a year later sold the spree and got another Vento! A lil more time and I came upon an Italjet, got lucky and bought it too. :)

Although plenty satisfied with my selection of scoots, I've always had a craving for a DIO. Maybe its those pics diosoljah posted.. or when the folks from hawaii invaded the boards and whored their fancy bikes. :lol:

However it happened, this lil gem found its way to me last week: A 2001 Honda Elite SR50! :D Althought not running, I couldn't resist it for the reasonable price. And now she sits in my backyard till I get a chance to check her out.

Here's the pics, Enjoy 8)

projects galore :nerd:
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

good to have you back. :D nice find.
No_Stopping_A_Spree
Spree
Spree

Post by No_Stopping_A_Spree »

Glad to have you back. Nice looking scoot
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

vette76, BluPhire, Jim, darat, myspree and noiseguy who started it all, respects to all you guys.
i respect them all. i just wish i could have been here when it all started. vette76 left all together. same with Jim , darat gets on but not that often. myspree is just starting to come back. noiseguy just stop getting on hes the one who started it all and now he hardly checks his mail.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

yea, im back, truthfully i dont know how much longer, but i hope for a while. i just wish all us originals were back.... :cry:
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

when i joined the site was right about he time noiseguy stop getting on. when i first got on the site myspree was here, darat was...
1991--------Tomos Targa-
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

at this point with how little noiseguy gets on, im afraid that this site might be going down soon... he will eventually get tired of paying the bill for something he doesn't use. or he will have other things he needs to pay for, and the site will die. thats my 2 cents. i certainly think its about time to start making a back up board... unfortunately. i think hondaspree.net might just die...
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

when I last spoke to noiseguy, he said he hasn't been on the board much because of too many things to do during the day. The board might be closing soon because the moderation parts don't work still since the switch to phpBB2. So it is a possibility that it might fade away.
edjo
Spree
Spree

Post by edjo »

That would be a shame! What can be done to keep it alive???? Do you need moderators? This forum has to be saved, I would have never gotten my Elite running if it weren't for the people on this board. Ed
88 elite SA50
07 DRZ436sm
05 FJR1300a
05 Dr200se
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

:cry: i know its going to happen some day.
i wish i could take over the bill for him. pending on how much it is. it would be worth it for a place for sprees and elite owners to rejoice
1991--------Tomos Targa-
CharlotteSpreeRider
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by CharlotteSpreeRider »

I'd be more than willing to take it over. I've already got hosting and gobs of space, multiple domain names, etc.

-aseigler
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

well, atleast we have people who care. :D
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

I think for the forum to be kept up we need at least 2 (two) things: someone who can write code (to fix the moderator part of the forums); and someone who can take part time and help noiseguy with taking care of the forums.
CharlotteSpreeRider
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by CharlotteSpreeRider »

Well, I don't know php specifically, but I'm sure I could figure it out (I mainly deal with C++ though).

-aseigler
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

I would hate to see this place go away. While I am a new comer I have come to rely on this site to support my new hobby. :D

If worst comes to worst, could we just migrate to another site? http://www.mopedriders.org/ has a scooter section for example.