My Newest Scooter.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

huck731
BMX
BMX

Post by huck731 »

Dac wrote:if it were to hurt performance why would people ever want to do it? [/smartass]
yeah its good for your motor just make sure to upjet so you dont run to lean and fry your cylinder.
what jet would you suggest
you meet the nicest people on a honda
current project-88 honda elite e sb50p
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

it all depends how much you take off. with any mod that makes the motor run faster/harder you should upjett. one or two should be good but if you take allot of i think it would be simmer as a week bore kit so jump it up quite a few or something. i really dont know.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

huck731 wrote:
Dac wrote:if it were to hurt performance why would people ever want to do it? [/smartass]
yeah its good for your motor just make sure to upjet so you dont run to lean and fry your cylinder.
what jet would you suggest
This would be hard to tell and would be totally up to the degree of porting, elevation, temperature etc..

But it would be safe to assume imo, that porting a stock cyl would need an upjet of maybe 2.5-5points, ie stock 65main = 70main ported

And I remember reading someone who ported their stock spree cyl and was able to get 40mph, which is amazing for a stock trans/engined spree.
projects galore :nerd:
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

haha, my spree was ported!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

that would be cool.
d***, my parts didnt come today ( saterday ) so it looks like i wont be getting it all set up till next weekend
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

im dieing to go fast. i cant wait till tomorrow
1991--------Tomos Targa-
huck731
BMX
BMX

Post by huck731 »

it'll all be ok, just go watch a movie with fast cars or something and you'll be fine. when it gets to cold to ride my elite im going to port my exhaust and upjet....if that time ever comes, its abotu 34 degrees farenhiet in teh morning when i leave for school (senior year) and im still riding...
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

wooo!
my parts came in this morning. however i had to work all day and that just killed me.

i got almost all of it on but the gears. im going to work on that tomorrow.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Awesome, cant wait for the results. Do you plan on using stock carb with this too?
edjo
Spree
Spree

Post by edjo »

Looks good Dac, post up some pictures.
88 elite SA50
07 DRZ436sm
05 FJR1300a
05 Dr200se
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

yeah, i had to start it up for a second after i got it all back together. even for as cheap of a bore it is it still has a nice sound to it. I just found out i need a press to get the gears off/on. so it might be a day or two.
But again its a week * bore kit. not even close to a corsa or anything. but i payed 100$ for the bore kit vs. 230$ for stock cylinder,piston, rings. i think after this one burns up i might get a corsa kit. One of the things about this bore kit is that i can buy just the bore.
With the Bigger kits like the corsa you kinda need a new carb/pipe and stuff. Since mine is just mid grade it dont need a ton of other add ons.

ImageImage
Image(gears killing me)
1991--------Tomos Targa-
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

don't forget to upjet, and I don't recommend fully open filter.

Something with more piping like stock box or your in-waterbottle-take may work better.

And I disagree with not "needing" carb/exhaust. No matter what the bore or its quality, a proper tuned exhaust for any 2stroke will always work better. Likewise with the carb.

Just leaves you room to improve, while you practice on this charmo.
huck731
BMX
BMX

Post by huck731 »

looks nice...the more stuff i see you ding to your elite, the more i want to dio engine. careful when your pullin those gears off, me and my stepdad have trashed a starter gear in a motorcycle when tryin to pull out a different gear (good thing we live near a junkyard with lots of motorcycle parts)
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

don't forget to upjet, and I don't recommend fully open filter.
it might be hard to see with the picture being shrunk down but i got a bigger jet. Im also premixing all my gas and i dumped the oiler. there for i dont need to rejet but a jet was cheap so i upjetted anyway.
Something with more piping like stock box or your in-waterbottle-take may work better.
I will be using my waterbottle filter thing i just had to take it off to make more room while working on it.
And I disagree with not "needing" carb/exhaust. No matter what the bore or its quality, a proper tuned exhaust for any 2stroke will always work better. Likewise with the carb.
A new pipe always helps but its hard to find a pipe. the only aftermarket pipe i would get would be PG Long but that might be a little to unrestrictive for a bore this weak. I think i might cut this pipe open and take out a baffle or two.
Just leaves you room to improve, while you practice on this charmo.
Yeah, this is good for now, i dont know anything thing about this bore. its just a cheapy bore to last me a little while. Some day ill get something better. so a CMR is a charmo? (This is the box this bore came in. no labeling at all)
1991--------Tomos Targa-
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

it might be hard to see with the picture being shrunk down but i got a bigger jet. Im also premixing all my gas and i dumped the oiler. there for i dont need to rejet but a jet was cheap so i upjetted anyway.
To clarify, and this is a big misconception. Just because you disabled your oiler, doesn't mean you dont NEED to upjet!!! Your main jet is what controls fuel, has nothing to do with the oiler. And therefore if you get a bigger cylinder it will NEED more fuel, ie bigger jet.

Premixing may give you the right ratio of gas:oil, but without upjetting you'll still have too much air and run lean. Don't get that confused young one. :P

I am almost sure CMR is charmo.