Speedometer Sticker

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Dac wrote:
Dac wrote:Image
can any one tell me if my numbers are right? i think im going to get it to scale then make it. i stopped before because i couldnt get it to scale + the lights. at this point im really thinking of doing this.
i cant find anything on if these numbers are close. im really wanting to do this for my 96 but i dont know if these numbers are right. can any one verify?

If you want to make an accurate backplate, find the actual gps speeds at different intervals and mark them, then make the sticker. otherwise 50mph is just so easy to get to.. :P

If anything make sure its scaled towards the original speedo markings.
projects galore :nerd:
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

that one right there is scaled off the original. 0-35 is were it is on the real one, and every thing else is a very similar gap.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Dac wrote:that one right there is scaled off the original. 0-35 is were it is on the real one, and every thing else is a very similar gap.
cool, let us know how it is if you install it.
projects galore :nerd:
huck731
BMX
BMX

Post by huck731 »

IDEA: print out the sticker, but dont remove the plastic backing for teh stikey side, cut out the wholes and PLACE it over your speedo so it just sits there in place, run you scooter next to a car or something liek another moped and compare the speeds, that should tell you if your scale is good or not
you meet the nicest people on a honda
current project-88 honda elite e sb50p
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

see those are both thing i wanted to try but i know my scooter isnt going to hit the full 60mph. thats why im trying to find out like this.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Ok, so i found a picture of an aftermarket Elite S speedometer. There was a few problems like the fact that the one i had to base off of was KPH. And a few other things.
Well, a few hours with This tool from god, photoshop and a few scanned pictures i was able to get what i wanted....

After another half an hour or so, and a few trys later i finely got one that is the perfect size.
I decided to put it together to see if i like it. Looking at it now, 40mph seems way to far up. But going back though my work, i cant seem to find out were i messed up. everything is in the right place. It just appears wrong because everything is different. i think...

Tomorrow i will be getting some sticker paper, printing it, and putting a semi-final one in there. I wont be bragging about any of the speeds until i can confirm them Via driving next to a few cars.

i have a strong feeling im wrong. but i cant for the life of tell how. ill keep you all informed.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

its tight.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

i had a few friends over at my house and they starting go though my old pictures. Brought up the old speedometer folder and was asking me why i never finished it.

then today i got bored so....
busted out my GPS and found out what where is what speeds. Decided to competently redo the design. After many many trys i found one that seems ok.

no stupid "high beam" or "turning signal". i mean, i know what all of that crap is. there is no reason that has to be on there.

looks good in there. Im going to get some sticker paper tomorrow and make a real one.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

GIJoeBob wrote:Do you really need to know how fast you are going? Nah.

I say you should put some cool stuff on there like-

"Fusion Core Temp"

"7.62mm Rounds Remaining"

"Antitheft Explosive Charge Armed"

:lol: :lol:

i like that idea, put a blinking led in front of the antitheft Explodivr charge armed, and have a switch that you tuen on when you turn your bike off, i mean a blinking led ant going to use like any power
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

print me one and send it to me, i want to try it, and gps test it
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

im still getting it scaled 100% right, plus i got to get some sticker paper or something.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

print me one and ill buy it
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

got some sticker paper today. i also got the scale 100% right. So i printed me out one, then spent a good hour cutting it to the perfect shape with no flaws. Then took apart the speedometer as much as i could.
Took me a while to find the best way to put it in. but it all happened somewhat easy.

at first i was not sure if i would like it as much as i hoped, but once i took it for a ride i realized i love it.
knowing how fast you are going at all times is nice. Not second guessing about how fast you are going, i mean, its nice. Im really glad i decided to finish it.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

mopedman wrote:print me one and send it to me, i want to try it, and gps test it
justinnielsen01 wrote:print me one and ill buy it
Im going to just have mine for a few days and see if any errors show up (peeling or fading because the sun) But if it works like i hope then i do plain on printing up some more and selling them cheap.

I think ill charge like $5 for printed, cut to shape, and mailed. Along with that i will do custom designs like if you want things on there. Such as the "turn" and "high beam" labeled. Different lettering if you want. Or if you want else put on there i can do that also.
But that all comes later. right now i just want to make sure nothing happens to mine.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
GN Racer
Goped
Goped

Post by GN Racer »

Nice job! :)
Geoff

'85 Aero 50 w/Dio 66cc
'87 Elite 50 w/Dio 72cc
'87 Spree -SOLD!
Puch Magnum
Yamaha Razz POS -Soon to be Dio powered!