is this normal? My bike is * toucy!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

is this normal? My bike is * toucy!

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Got the spree on the road for a few miles today. My tires are inflated properly before you ask. Tried moving my legs in for a more comfy ride in the cold wind and the front wheel started whipping back and forth super fast!, I d*** near lost it and ate king road at 30MPH. Is this normal or what?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

it happens, one day my elite started doing that, bout a month later it stopped. its just something that occurs.
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

hmm...i dont quite follow.......but ok. :wink:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

chevyguyjay wrote:hmm...i dont quite follow.......but ok. :wink:
I moved, almost lost control.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

ah......gotcha. i thinking of like the spacer missing out the front wheel axle. lol :lol:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
uspmale
Spree
Spree

Post by uspmale »

I would check the tension on the fork neck.
Also check for bent rim or out of balance tire. ( could be internal)
Let us know what you find.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

uspmale wrote:I would check the tension on the fork neck. Like the front springs? they seem fine to me and handle bumps good, I think my rear shock might have a bad seal though (it bounces on bigger bumps)

Also check for bent rim or out of balance tire. ( could be internal)

Let us know what you find.
Dont think its the tire, the front is the stock 1986 as far as I know and has never been touched (yea, i know I should at least get a new tube but i dont got the cash right now). Will go check my rim tomorrow.
dr.ona
Spree
Spree

Post by dr.ona »

Do a plug chop.... :D
"I can't drive......35!"
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

dr.ona wrote:Do a plug chop.... :D
LOL I did 2 yesterday, perfect coco brown.
uspmale
Spree
Spree

Post by uspmale »

Your doin way to many plug chops!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

There is no way to over plug chop something :mrgreen: I have a severe OCD when it comes to tuning stuff, if im gonna play with it its gonna end up perfect goddammit!

My rims and tires are fine BTW, I guess it was just a freak occurrence or maybe I ran over a crack i didnt notice and over corrected without realizing what I did.

Hehe made a new turn signal mount to replace the busted one, now I just need to go to my local popo station and get it approved.
uspmale
Spree
Spree

Post by uspmale »

Your right, you always want to measure twice and cut once.
An old carpenters rule of thumb.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:There is no way to over plug chop something :mrgreen: I have a severe OCD when it comes to tuning stuff, if im gonna play with it its gonna end up perfect goddammit!

My rims and tires are fine BTW, I guess it was just a freak occurrence or maybe I ran over a crack i didnt notice and over corrected without realizing what I did.

Hehe made a new turn signal mount to replace the busted one, now I just need to go to my local popo station and get it approved.
i don't really get what you are saying here...

you made something to hold your turning singles...
Why do the cops got to approve it?
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Dac wrote:
Kenny_McCormic wrote:There is no way to over plug chop something :mrgreen: I have a severe OCD when it comes to tuning stuff, if im gonna play with it its gonna end up perfect goddammit!

i don't really get what you are saying here...

you made something to hold your turning singles...
Why do the cops got to approve it?
Its not in the system, I need to have it inspected by the cops to get it registered. I dont think thew turn signal hanging from its wiring would pass.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

oh your hole moped!
i thought you meant your turning signals. I was like "why would cops have to aprove your turning signals??? " lol. Ok yeah, i get what you are saying.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.