is this normal? My bike is * toucy!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

cops don't inspect scooters they write tickets for infractions the dmv does inspections!
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

maybe in hawaii.
things are different up here in Michigan.

i never had to get any of my bikes inspected. All i do is get a receipt from the last owner. on it i put info like "max speed 27mph" "all lights work" "vin number = ***********"
things like that. Take that in, pay $15 and get my legal sticker.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

I got mine as scrap, have to claim it as fixed garbage to put it in the system, pay a tax on it, etc. REAL PAIN IN THE *!
Last edited by Kenny_McCormic on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Ouch, best of luck getting your bike on the road soon.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Like I said, just gotta get it inspected, pay the tax and hopefully not be handed any more paperwork after that.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
hondaman
Elite
Elite

Post by hondaman »

Wisconsin is worse. No title = No plates issued= no ride scooter on road.
Any scooter or motorcycle without a title is worth nothing more than a parts bike in Wis. A bill of sale is useless here.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

hondaman wrote:Wisconsin is worse. No title = No plates issued= no ride scooter on road.
Any scooter or motorcycle without a title is worth nothing more than a parts bike in Wis. A bill of sale is useless here.
They dont have "salvage titles"? I find that hard to believe, find a friend in a neighboring state with better laws have it titled there and bring it back.