Found a true JOG 0_0 (pics added)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

i am thinking about picking it up
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

those jog are getting harder to find now a days.. :P Just wonder why are people sell the moped , need money to pay bill or buy another toys. :lol:

pure jdm jog motor :P
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

sfzoo wrote:how can you tell the difference between a 'real' jog and others?

my buddy rides one of these here in SF, guy he bought it from says it came from japan...

cost much to get these things going faster?
first letter of a vin J - japan yamaha factory from Shizuoka Prefecture

stock jog goes 45 and take out washer next to pulley goes about 50 mph +
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

the minarelli engine doesn't impress me at all, a real japan dio sold in canada will smoke it, find one and you will be king!
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

i want a real jog
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

maddog wrote:the minarelli engine doesn't impress me at all, a real japan dio sold in canada will smoke it, find one and you will be king!

dio stroker noob bigger cc think can faster, not really true, it all about tuning.

:wink: got more goodies racing parts piaggio/jog.. Dio not very popular in europe and asia . In japan, jog are very popular in 1/32miles track.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

veedubh20 wrote:

my buddy rides one of these here in SF, guy he bought it from says it came from japan...

Hmm is that so, you'll have to explain this one. So theres a restrictor just in the variator?

And the guy is just selling because he doesnt use it enough, you gotta figure its Texas so scooter tuners are a rarity around these parts. :twisted:
projects galore :nerd:
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

burnt_toast wrote:
veedubh20 wrote:

Hmm is that so, you'll have to explain this one. So theres a restrictor just in the variator?

And the guy is just selling because he doesnt use it enough, you gotta figure its Texas so scooter tuners are a rarity around these parts. :twisted:
yup the washer only. :D
monkeywrench
Spree
Spree

Post by monkeywrench »

i was reading thrue the coments about the jog and the owner says that was a zip motor with a 80cc kit and 28mm carb i dont know if the jog and zip motors are alike but still that was the sh?t.
here kitty kitty kitty
http://www.youtube.com/warmonkey80
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

monkeywrench wrote:i was reading thrue the coments about the jog and the owner says that was a zip motor with a 80cc kit and 28mm carb i dont know if the jog and zip motors are alike but still that was the sh?t.
Yup same motor, my Vento Zip90 motor is based off jog but clone.
CharlotteSpreeRider
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by CharlotteSpreeRider »

I saw an old guy today riding around the neighborhood on a purple JOG. I near * myself. It was so sweet.

The End.

-aseigler
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

A real japan dio will do 55mph just by changing the cdi out, now thats a sweet scoot which you will never seein the u.s.
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Picked up the Jog and now sitting in my backyard! Woohoo :)

Already did a speed run and cleaned her up, I'm very impressed so far. Completely stock and completely dirty was able to top out at 47 MPH on GPS! :D Power feels comparable to a stock dio type elite but with better gearing.

Pics up as soon as my comp stops acting up
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

The jog is no big deal but the honda live dio or sr which was brought into hawaii about 15yrs. ago as parts to get around customs went for $4,000 but legal in canada, a shop over here is selling 2 used bennelli scoots, liquid cooled one goes ffor $4,000 and the air cooled goes for $3,500 so my italjet dragster should sell for $4,000 and is legal in the u.s. my japan dio/aero is priceless and i have turned down some crazy offers from japan tourist lol!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

maddog wrote:The jog is no big deal but the honda live dio or sr which was brought into hawaii about 15yrs. ago as parts to get around customs went for $4,000 but legal in canada, a shop over here is selling 2 used bennelli scoots, liquid cooled one goes ffor $4,000 and the air cooled goes for $3,500 so my italjet dragster should sell for $4,000 and is legal in the u.s. my japan dio/aero is priceless and i have turned down some crazy offers from japan tourist lol!
What is your point? Your figures and models dont impress me one bit, Italjet is overrated completely, fun to ride but horrible to work on. And if you're paying more than $2k for a 50cc based scooter you're throwing your money away.

I'm completely set having a true Jog, dio style Elite and stroked Jog clone. :wink: