online parts?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

aero50
Noob
Noob

online parts?

Post by aero50 »

is that the only way to get parts these days? ive called and been in every local shop and no one carries or has a clue what im talking about. is "bikebandit" anygood?(pricewise) i spent my whole eco-booster check on this scoot and dont have much money to my name so im tring to save some bucks, but still get quality.... can i do that???
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

honda still has alot of parts what you looking for, i will ask my honda dealer, there right up the street from me, and there real good with me cuz i am always working on something so they will look harder for s***, allot of times they will tell people they dont have it just cuz they dont want to look
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

not sure because I haven't ever used bikebandit or this site, but I'm considering both for some small parts I'm getting some time in the near future

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/pages/pa ... Honda.aspx

They seem to have quite a bit of stuff for my bike at least
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

::1984 Honda Aero 50- Running nicely, trying to pick out a name for her::

...... Aero of death.......
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

mopedman wrote:::1984 Honda Aero 50- Running nicely, trying to pick out a name for her::

...... Aero of death.......

Hmmmmm, has a ring to it :wink:
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

i mean come on now, aero.... like the weapon just spelled different, so Aero of Death makes sense
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
aero50
Noob
Noob

Post by aero50 »

haha ! man, that was going to be my s/n for the forum!! dub it! but anyway i was looking for a plug,filter,fuse,battery etc... it just blew me away that my local honda dealer didnt know what an aero was, but i managed to get a plug and oil from napa... out of all the places. i think im going to try bikebandit, and give feed back from my experiance with em' for anyone else in the future.
Cubey
Spree
Spree

Post by Cubey »

aero50 wrote:haha ! man, that was going to be my s/n for the forum!! dub it! but anyway i was looking for a plug,filter,fuse,battery etc... it just blew me away that my local honda dealer didnt know what an aero was, but i managed to get a plug and oil from napa... out of all the places. i think im going to try bikebandit, and give feed back from my experiance with em' for anyone else in the future.
I got the exact plug stated in the Spree manual from O'Reilly Auto, air filter and GN2 oil from the local Honda place, Wal-Mart carries the battery cheaper than anyone else. I also ordered a new carb gasket set from Honda (my carb seems to be leaking around the main gasket) which should be in by Friday they said. I just took in the part numbers and had them look them up. Didn't bother saying what I wanted the parts for. Although they might have seen me ride up on the Spree and park it. *lol*
1985 Honda Gyro S (project bike, work in progress!)
1984 Honda Spree - Bought May 30, 2008 with 810.8 miles on it. (Sold with ~1600mi)
Others owned/rode/sold: '86 Helix trike, '07 Vino 125, '88 Elite 250
Dac wrote:Friends+your moped=BAD IDEA.
Karman
Goped
Goped

Post by Karman »

adark248 wrote:not sure because I haven't ever used bikebandit or this site, but I'm considering both for some small parts I'm getting some time in the near future

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/pages/pa ... Honda.aspx

They seem to have quite a bit of stuff for my bike at least
I like cheapcycleparts because the parts diagrams are easier to read and if a part is NLA they usually have it listed that way. With my local dealer's online parts lookup you have to print the diagrams to read them and they don't even list the part numbers.
Scooterspal
Goped
Goped

Post by Scooterspal »

I just placed an order with them for some small items. They have the Spree decals... the smaller ones.

Also found the kick stand spring at $1.21. Mine is worn.

The air cleaner filters are only $2.58 from them.

BTW: They have the Spree batteries for $24 (plus shipping of course) Already bought a new one from Walmart. It's sitting in the box as mine is still gong strong.

Added some of that battery juice (Charge-It) . Seems to work!
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

i cant imagine that anywhere on the internet can sell a battery + shipping and keep it lower than what you can get at local auto store or walmart

as far as aero50s go, get a 4lb battery from the powersports section. i picked one up and put the acid in, charged it and it's good to go.

it wasn't "cheap" but not that bad, either. I can't remember how much, but at walmart the 4lb batteries are like 35-40
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
Scooterspal
Goped
Goped

Post by Scooterspal »

I cant imagine that anywhere on the internet can sell a battery + shipping and keep it lower than what you can get at local auto store or Walmart
Oh, I agree. That's why I bought mine at Walmart... but, if you are ordering parts from them anyway they will probably hit you with a minimum shipping charge so adding in the battery may work out in the end.

It looks to be the the original Honda style with the side drain hose and caps for each cell. The Walmart version has no drain so the acid will bubble out and around the single rubber seal.
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

true.

the one i picked up at AutoZone (I think) had the caps and whatnot, where you have to dump the acid in yourself, if that's what you mean.

So if they're near the same price then you could avoid those problems just by not buying the one at Walmart, I guess.
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree