Scooter Article On Instructables.com

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Scooter Article On Instructables.com

Post by GIJoeBob »

http://www.instructables.com/id/Traveling-by-Scooter/
I recently rode my new Honda Ruckus scooter over 150miles in one day and had a great time. I rode form Columbus,Ohio to Akron, Ohio on a trip home after working in Columbus for the past 5 months....I wanted to go over a few tips I came up with during my recent travels so that if you ever make a trip like this you can be a little more prepared.
Cubey
Spree
Spree

Post by Cubey »

While I would like to get an Elite 80 for faster US/State highway travel, I might end up with a Ruckus because of how much more rugged it looks and it can carry quite a bit of cargo (especially under the seat). And anyway, a Ruckus should get up to 40-43mph anyway. Much better than 30mph of a Spree.

The advantage to an Elite 80 over a Ruckus in my home state too is I can register and insure the Elite 80 but I can't a Ruckus (or other 50cc).

Insurance on a scooter is almost a necessity if one ever gets in a wreck. If you survive, you need your medical bills paid. If you die, your family would get an insurance payout (assuming your insurance has it). Plus if it gets stolen or damaged you'd have insurance to cover it.

I think I might find out if I CAN register/insure a 50cc but I know the law doesn't require it.
1985 Honda Gyro S (project bike, work in progress!)
1984 Honda Spree - Bought May 30, 2008 with 810.8 miles on it. (Sold with ~1600mi)
Others owned/rode/sold: '86 Helix trike, '07 Vino 125, '88 Elite 250
Dac wrote:Friends+your moped=BAD IDEA.