Do you wear a helmet?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Do you wear a helmet

yes
77%
no
23%

Total votes: 31

shortcal
Goped
Goped

Do you wear a helmet?

Post by shortcal »

Do you wear a helmet when riding? I personally I dont I was wondering what others policies were.
2001 Honda Elite
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

there are many posts already like this, search for them and youll get you answers...
shortcal
Goped
Goped

Post by shortcal »

way to not be a *.. just trying to spark conversation this place is dead.
2001 Honda Elite
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

yeah, there was a huge topic on helmets before, but its long since dead, so this new one will do. :D

Yes, i do wear a helmet whenever i ride. Partly because the state requires me too, but i also do it because i have seen the aftermath of no helmet crashes.
I have a dirt bike helmet with goggles, gets hot at times, but all around not bad. For a while i didnt have goggles. but after 5000 bugs in eyes and dust kicked up by passing cars i had to go out and get some, they really make all the difference.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Im pretty sure MI requires a helmet. IDK why, let the idiots kill themselves.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

most of the time i do, it all depends on how long my ride is and the time of day.
Elite1998
Spree
Spree

Post by Elite1998 »

Usually but if I'm just taking a quick ride to somewhere I usually don't..that also depends on traffic level though
Honda Elite SA50-S

Stock motor, 9:1 gears, Kelli High speed pulley=a top speed of ?? Maxed the speedo out if that counts..average 45 mph
average 85 mpg
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I guess i'm an idiot! I don't wear one. I trust my reflexes. But anyways, Michigan does not require a helmet unless you go over 35 mph, and then you get a ticket for no helmet and speeding!
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I'm sorry...I was wrong. Anything over 30 mph is speeding and anyone under the age of 19 must wear helmet.
mikehelms
BMX
BMX

Re: Do you wear a helmet?

Post by mikehelms »

shortcal wrote:Do you wear a helmet when riding?
Yup. Started riding dirt bikes when I was about 10, and if I didn't wear a helmet I don't want to guess what kind of shape my head would be in, since I seemed to spend a lot of time with the bike laying sideways and me sprawled out on the ground. That old '73 Yamaha Enduro 80 took quite a beating. :-)

Any doubts I had about helmets vaporized when I totaled my '84 CX650E in university. As is typical of motorcycle accidents, I went into the ditch at almost 50 mph because of two morons racing pickup trucks. Long story short, I walked away from that accident despite the force of impact that almost completely sheared the jaw guard off my helmet. That Shoei literally saved my life.

North Carolina hits 100+ degrees in the summer, but you'll never catch me riding with anything other than a full-face helmet on. I cherish (what's left of) my noggin' too much.

Cheers,
-- Mike

'86 Honda Spree
'05 Ducati S2R Monster
eight08boy
Goped
Goped

i only

Post by eight08boy »

i only wear helment when i think i going to have to run from police
Gjino Kanahele

U asking cherry price u better have cherry s***
seacook
BMX
BMX

Post by seacook »

I have to wear a helmet here in Georgia due to state law. However if there was any way that I could get away with not wearing one then thats the way I would prefer to ride!!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Elite1998 wrote:Usually but if I'm just taking a quick ride to somewhere I usually don't..that also depends on traffic level though
s*** always happens on that "short trip around the block".
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i dont ussually, sad to say it, but i dont.
lacrosseboy
Goped
Goped

Post by lacrosseboy »

i do manly because my parents make me and also it is law in Michigan if you are under 19 you have to but once i am over 19 i will still wear a helmet because i would rather live a long time. :D