a few more questions.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Vandal_Spree
Noob
Noob

a few more questions.

Post by Vandal_Spree »

Okay, so i decided to put premium gasoline in my 86 spree and i dont know if that will help the proformance much? also, wat is the MPG an 86 spree? not sure of mine yet. Another thing, it burns oil a lot. is that normal? how much oil should i put in? is there anyway to get a white light or xeon type light bulb put in?? cuz that would be sick!
86 Honda Spree @ University of Idaho. * Yeah!
mikehelms
BMX
BMX

Re: a few more questions.

Post by mikehelms »

Vandal_Spree wrote:Okay, so i decided to put premium gasoline in my 86 spree and i dont know if that will help the proformance much?
Not one iota.

Octane does not increase the power potential of gas. It does not make the flame propagate through the cylinder faster. In fact, many people are surprised to find out that octane is a burn inhibiter!

The *only* purpose of octane is to prevent fuel from autoigniting in high compression engines. And since the Spree (and virtually every other moped in existence) doesn't have a particularly high compression engine, high octane fuel won't do a darn thing more than regular gas.

Cheers,
-- Mike Helms

'86 Honda Spree
'05 Ducati S2R Monster
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

i get anywhere from 30-45 MPG on a tank of gas with my spree. It really all depends on how much you twist the handle after you reach 30 mph. The more you twist after that point, all your really doing is sending more gas down the drain tube and lowering your MPG.

as far as oil, somebody said the revisor should last around 6-7+ tanks of gas. I find this to be about right IME. On bulbs, i doubt you'll find any with exotic gasses but you never know,
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

i put the cheapest gas i can find in, occasionally i might put shell gas in just to clean the pipes a bit. But thats not something i do on a regular basis.

sprees dont need premium to run and gas is expensive enough as it is. so i say for the most part why blow money you dont need too...
Base4life
Spree
Spree

Post by Base4life »

30-35, lol hat is the worrst ever lol.
01 Elite
in progress!

Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

AND DONT BUY THAT E10 *! Eats your carb, leans it out, and get * gas mileage. If all you can get is E10 in your area I would recommend buying 100LL from an airport, at least thats real gasoline.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.