zoom zoom zoom

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

cf_z
Spree
Spree

zoom zoom zoom

Post by cf_z »

after looking at my polini corsa for a couple weeks, and finally getting my single throttle cable, 28MM OKO, intake mani, uni, and Pirrelis (:D) i decided i needed to get the ball rolling.
At first i thought the pirellis were just not gonna happen without a tire machine. But i brought them to work (which happens to be a honda only mechanics shop) and my bosses son helped me get them on. Boy do they give a much sturdier and smooth ride than the stockers. That same day we did the 8.44 gears, so it was pretty slow on take off with those and the stock engine.
So today i had the day off from my evening job so i figured ide bring all the fun s*** to the shop and get it done!
Stock everything removed, and Polini corsa, single throttle cable, uni filter, OKO and intake installed in under 3 hours. how about that. Fired right up too. We played with the idle just a bit, but other than that it was running amazing off the bat.

i had the body painted AWESOME. but aparrently gasoline and paint dont work together. the pump "stopped" because it thought it was full and sprayed premium over the rear body. thats why thier missing.

i ran it for about 30 miles today haha. rode thru the "not so good" side of town. there were so many people riding peds it was awesome. on the way home this guy pulled beside me at a redlight and was just like "sup!" he turned i went straight, but i chased him down ;). hit another red light and he said something about what it was, and i told him i just put a bigger motor in it. He said his was a 150, i told him mine was 72. So we took off, he got me to about 30, but after that i zoomed by him. and it wasnt even 1/2 throttle! he was suprised haha.

overall, 0-20 is much slower than i expected with the 8.44. but 20-35 is rediculous, after that i dont really wanna get on it since im still breaking it in.

and questons/comments/concerns are appreciated!
Last edited by cf_z on Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
94 Elite SR.
PoliniCorsa+PGlong+28oko+8.44.1+KeliVariator+HiEnergyCoil+Pirrelis
=fast
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Awesome.

its the only word that fits... :shock:
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
cf_z
Spree
Spree

Post by cf_z »

hah thanks i suppose. im gonna re do the body and get the gold emblems going :)
94 Elite SR.
=fast
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Turnin out mighty nice, white looks badass keep at it yo 8)
projects galore :nerd:
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

you braking it in right?
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
cf_z
Spree
Spree

Post by cf_z »

mopedman wrote:you braking it in right?
ofcourse.

im a cheapo, if you think im gonna burn up 600$ worth of parts your nuts lol.
94 Elite SR.
=fast