sterio?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

vette76
CB900F
CB900F

sterio?

Post by vette76 »

i am attempting to put a digital sterio in my spree. i have already done a little bit of work like making a new glove box out of aluminum to support it.its a nice time to ask now but will the spree even put out enough power to supply it?i can always put the headlight on a switch so more current goes to the sterio instead of a headlight in the middle of the day.another thing i need to know is if a spree has an alternator or something to keep the batt charged.thanks.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

update

Post by vette76 »

i have sucessfully put in the sterio and it works. the batt has enough power to keep the pre-sets.the only problem is it needs to be cranked to hear it over the eng. and it tends to go off for a sec when the blinkers are on.it was so worth it :twisted: now im putting one in another spree for someone.
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

Can you provide some pics and where is the glove box on the Spree? I'd love to put a small stereo in with some small tweeters.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Where did you mount the speakers? Some pictures would be nice to see and to get some ideas from if you don't mind.

Matt Kruger
a.k.a. BluPhire
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

i will try 2 get some pics but i am in school right now.i made a stronger glove box out of sheet aluminum.(i did not have a glove box so u probably dont have to take this step)i mounted the sterio in the glove box and some cheap computer speakers outside of the glove box.be warned place the speakers in a place facing at you because when ur doing 35 down the street its hard to hear. i am gonna put a cheap amplifier in it today maby.
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

That would be cool. If you post pictures asap, that would be great.
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

I just can't believe that the spree has enough electrical power to run a car stereo, I mean the darn blinkers slow down when you come to a traffic light and have the brake light on. It is hard to imagine running a stereo, which stereos have a lot of draw, off of a spree. I would stick with a pocket cd player on an inverter to keep it charged. Thats cool that it works reasonably.
Kikwear
Spree
Spree

Post by Kikwear »

I prefer my iPod. No battery drainage necessary. :D
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

thats why its a good idea to have a new well powered batt. ill try to get those pics i dont post a lot tho because now i have a mustang gt for a project.(little faster then the spree)fast=fun on a very long strait road.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Very true, fast is fun. I have this crazy * idea for my spree stereo. Have a little spot on the side pannel that pops up and then the stereo is under it. Then try to fit 2 speakers inside the pannels and 2 under the leg guard. it would be work, but it would be awsome. :D
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

if u try it be careful putting it behind the side panel. the only place is above the engine and it might seem like it will work just sitting there, but when the suspension compresses its gonna mash the sterio between a sparkplug and the frame.water is an issue too.
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

Yeah, i have thought about that. I was thinking about doing some modifying and putting it more on the lines of above the air filter.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

mine is in the glove box
Tippmann98
Spree
Spree

Post by Tippmann98 »

That is just too easy for me. Even though its not easy doing what you did. Its like the time i put a CB radio on my spree. That was so awsome. Lol, im going to end up swearing and carrying on but i like customization.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

me too. it wasnt that simple i had to make the box out of sheet aluminum. u ever tried to weld aluminum. thats not fun.