Mini-Stroke/Stroke mods

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

diopwrd
Noob
Noob

Mini-Stroke/Stroke mods

Post by diopwrd »

sorry im a newbie...But can anyone explain to me what it is and how it works....all i know is that it has to do with your crank.... thanks alot everybody!
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

YOur putting a whole new crank into your engine block. It's called a stroker because the distance from TDC to BDC is longer then what a stock engine would be.

The mini stroker usually (not always) don't require the inside of the enigne block to be shaved. All full stroker cranks require the inside of the engine to be shaved.

Does that help?
diopwrd
Noob
Noob

Post by diopwrd »

so what else do i need if i wanna mini-stroke my moped?? do i need to upgrade my bore,carb,pipe??
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

This isnt something you should jump into if you just learned what it is, many motors become paperweights this way.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

big stroker kit can crack the block anytime:roll: better off stay on 72cc much more reliable riding.. :)

if you like to very fast, Just buy a yamaha jog 92-01 and spend over 2G will smoke dio big stroker any time... This advanced tuner only! Not for noob....
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

veedubh20 wrote:big stroker kit can crack the block anytime:roll: better off stay on 72cc much more reliable riding.. :)

if you like to very fast, Just buy a yamaha jog 92-01 and spend over 2G will smoke dio big stroker any time... This advanced tuner only! Not for noob....
I think i need an advanced translator for your posts.
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

jstone wrote:
veedubh20 wrote:big stroker kit can crack the block anytime:roll: better off stay on 72cc much more reliable riding.. :)

I think i need an advanced translator for your posts.
LOL...pidgin 101?

Anywho, mini-stroker and the full stroker you have to do full block modification. YOu can't just run stock parts either. YOu need at least 7.5-1 gearing over 30mm carb(maybe 28mm) new larger intake manifold, new exhaust(depending on how big your cc) and every little small part you can think about.

When I say block modification, that means cutting and measuring the right amount of material taken out. Like Kenny and Veedub said....you can crack and blow and kill motors if you have any errors in building a stroker.

YOu heard this already, but I recommend you go with corsa 72cc big bore kit, a nice exhaust with intake, carb, pully gears and all the smaller tunning things.

Why?

1) Proven to be the most reliable set-up.
2) Faster then any larger Taiwan cc big bore kit.
3) WOT all day long with out seize or blowing motor. (that's if you tune it correctly)
4) Alot cheaper build then what your thinking about.
5)Alot easier for someone that has never built a scooter motor.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

im endorsing DorkoElite303 comment. :lol:
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Dac wrote:im endorsing DorkoElite303 comment. :lol:
I second that, he's listed some very good points.
projects galore :nerd:
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

your are right! Cheer! :) :D
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Post by Arnadanoob »

A stroker motor is all about an engine where the connecting rod between the piston and crankshaft having more leverage to turn the crankshaft. Try to imagine what it'd be like turning a ratchet to loosen a stubborn/seized nut or bolt with a very short handle. That is like how it is with a normal motor. A stroker would be like trying to turn that stubborn nut with a ratchet with a much longer handle for better leverage and effective torque.

The image on the left is an example of a stock engine with a stock stroke. The image on the right is an example of a stroker engine. If you watch the image carefully, the con rod on the stroker motor gets really close to smacking the bottom of the bore. On a moped block, you'd have to have someone shave/grind some of the metal off to create enough clearance to allow for a stroker crankshaft.
ImageImage

The beauty of the stroker is that you don't need to have all that super high rpms in order to develop the power you need to accelerate since the motor will have an easier time against a load. The engine with the normal crank will need higher rpms to achieve power.

If you want reliability for a daily rider, stick with a normal crankshaft with a big bore setup.
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.