The Actual Scooter is cheap...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

RockyMtnRoadRash
Noob
Noob

The Actual Scooter is cheap...

Post by RockyMtnRoadRash »

Yesterday with the purchase of a new petcock and piston rings from my friendly neighborhood honda dealer, I have official sunk more money into my elite E than I paid for the scooter, and it is still not presently self-mobile. (current price tag: 350 dollars, 170 of which is scooter)

This is typically the point where I realize that I have a problem, but damned if I'm going to be beaten by a machine I can pick up and throw in a pinch!

At the very least, this has been educational. First time every ripping a carb apart, first time ever getting into the piston and bore.
If my girlfriend ever learns how much I've spent on the scooter, please remember me fondly and take care for my scooter.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

How much did you pay for rings and a valve?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Storm
Goped
Goped

Post by Storm »

Thats the way mate, dont let it get on top of you!
Not one day that we are here on this earth is promised to us, so treat every day as if it is your last, and every breath as if it were the same

198? Honda Spree NQ50M (got parts of two different bike mixed up in there!)
RockyMtnRoadRash
Noob
Noob

Kenny_McCormic wrote:How much did you pay for rings and a valve?
Pretty close to 70 with tax. I bought straight from the stealership, reasoning that if they couldn't help me get the right part at least I could reach them across the counter.
If my girlfriend ever learns how much I've spent on the scooter, please remember me fondly and take care for my scooter.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Thats not really THAT bad.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
RockyMtnRoadRash
Noob
Noob

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Thats not really THAT bad.
Nah, it's not. I spend 300+ in chains tires and fluids for my V-strom every year. * my seat and my shock both cost as much as two elites.

So I guess what I'm really saying in this thread is "Waaaah!"
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

My 88 elite 50 LX cost my parents $1400 new back in 88. hehe. I'll probably be putting in close to that to restore it to like new condition. More if i want to tweak it ofcourse.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!