no *...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

you will need to get the full name of her, she got no title. make a bill of sale that was sold to you and bring her along with her to dmv office. make easy to procees paper work and there are some late fee.
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

there are a bunch of ways you can title a scoot or motorcycle that have no title when purchased . Some are more of a pain in the * than others

BUT...

the easiest by far is to go to the local dmv and do a title search. Its about $25 or so. If your positive your scoot/bike isn't stolen its an easy and fast way to get a legit title.

I titled a 40 year old motorcycle that id wager hasn't seen road use in at least 20 years over the sumer with only a hand bill of sale. All i did was walk into the dmv with my slip and told the lady i wanted to apply for a lost title. One simple form and 30 min later i had a temp title in my hot little hand and a legit one 2 weeks later.

What most folks don't know is the dmv purges their files every so often. Usualy about every 2 years IIRC. If you bike hasn't been stolen and also has not had any activity like renuals, insurance,being totaled, tickets etc etc in that time. its a save bet its not in their system. So Its gonna be super easy just to get a regular title, instead of going though a more back door route.

no inspections, no bringing in the previous owner or blood letting required on your part. Honestly its quite easy. 8)
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

EliteS120ccJDM wrote:
veedubh20 wrote:
EliteS120ccJDM wrote: yeahh..it was

is the moped in n.j. legal register? If yes,,,, you will need to go down to dmv tell you cant find the owner again , they want to verify you got any lost contact , you cant bulshet and must be honest to office lady dmv .if not, cant get register in your name in your home state from lost owner. then you may want to sell on ebay and parts out ,sell on ebay.

:) I have been looking for a long shot fresh stock motor over a month and found. :shock:

lol..ok then..do you think i will be able to get it if i go dwntwn and say that i have no type of contact with her..ima ask my dad and see if he knows her name.

I have a pic of the sticker..but I need a better camera so I can take a pic of the engraved numbers on the frame...can u still do it if I send u the pics and pay you???
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

po89mm wrote:there are a bunch of ways you can title a scoot or motorcycle that have no title when purchased . Some are more of a pain in the * than others

BUT...

the easiest by far is to go to the local dmv and do a title search. Its about $25 or so. If your positive your scoot/bike isn't stolen its an easy and fast way to get a legit title.

I titled a 40 year old motorcycle that id wager hasn't seen road use in at least 20 years over the sumer with only a hand bill of sale. All i did was walk into the dmv with my slip and told the lady i wanted to apply for a lost title. One simple form and 30 min later i had a temp title in my hot little hand and a legit one 2 weeks later.

What most folks don't know is the dmv purges their files every so often. Usualy about every 2 years IIRC. If you bike hasn't been stolen and also has not had any activity like renuals, insurance,being totaled, tickets etc etc in that time. its a save bet its not in their system. So Its gonna be super easy just to get a regular title, instead of going though a more back door route.

no inspections, no bringing in the previous owner or blood letting required on your part. Honestly its quite easy. 8)

Ton tell you the truth I knew the owner..it was my uncle..lol..he bought it new...in 98 but he gave it to me and said he lost the *...then he moved to d.r...so now he's long gone..but this bike hasent seen a plate or tags in more then 5 or 6 years...its been in a garage for 5 years..I just recently took it out 4 months ago....I thought my dad had thrown her out..but there she was..lol...but now that u menchin it..do I need a bill of sale to do this?or do I just need to write dwn the vin number???
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

EliteS120ccJDM wrote:
po89mm wrote:there are a bunch of ways you can title a scoot or motorcycle that have no title when purchased . Some are more of a pain in the * than others

BUT...

Ton tell you the truth I knew the owner..it was my uncle..lol..he bought it new...in 98 but he gave it to me and said he lost the *...then he moved to d.r...so now he's long gone..but this bike hasent seen a plate or tags in more then 5 or 6 years...its been in a garage for 5 years..I just recently took it out 4 months ago....I thought my dad had thrown her out..but there she was..lol...but now that u menchin it..do I need a bill of sale to do this?or do I just need to write dwn the vin number???

oh yea bill of sale is a givin, But thats no biggie.

ANYBODY can write up a bill of sale.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

:D
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

veedubh20 wrote::D
i gather by the :D you are successful?
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

po89mm wrote:
you will get trouble on no paper work on motorcycle/scooter over 2 hp/50cc up.

moped 49cc no problem register title... :)
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Ahhh???I'm kinda lost..lol
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

po89mm wrote:

I hope soo..lol
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

veedubh20 wrote:
po89mm wrote:
you will get trouble on no paper work on motorcycle/scooter over 2 hp/50cc up.
i didnt have any problems registering mine