riding my scooter in the winter

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

broadwayelite
Noob
Noob

riding my scooter in the winter

Post by broadwayelite »

well, my mazda 626's starter went out, and i dont have the money to fix it right now, so... im riding my scooter to and from work and on short errands now, its cold up here in NE Indiana, i wear carhartt insulated coveralls, waterproof hunting gloves and my full face helmet, i stay pretty warm, except for the part of my face where the bottom of the helmet dont cover, what can i do to keep that area of my body warm?
1996 elite sa50p
scooternewby
Spree
Spree

Post by scooternewby »

Balaclava. I ride my scoot in January, I dont care! And im in Canada, its cold here! Just pick up a Balaclava, you'll be fine!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

People might think your * but a scarf should work.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
mmaannyy
BMX
BMX

Post by mmaannyy »

I agree with scooternewby. Buy a Balaclava. I ordered one today.
DoubleAey
Goped
Goped

Post by DoubleAey »

i dont think a scarf would be *. lol just get a scarf. be hella European. the balaclava would make you seem like a robber.
Wheelman-111

Gaiety

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The distinguished Kenny says:"People might think your * but a scarf should work"

Leaving aside the syntax error, I got news for you, buddy; You're on a scooter! People already assume the rider is *. Unless she's female, which would make her something of a gearhead and so, ironically, also *.

And ya know what else? That's perfectly OK!

Although I personally have always preferred women, it's not my job to tell you what you should like. The one thing that makes me uncomfortable around here is the frequency of terms like "retarded" and "*" employed in a perjorative sense. I don't recall you bring a frequent offender, and hope you don't mind me using this comment as an example of speech - er... typing, actually, that could give offense, intended or not.

People with cognitive disabilities didn't choose to be so. The term 'retarded' is hurtful to them and to those that love them. Knock it off. Please.

Whatever your own attitude about sexual orientation, the same applies when you dismiss anyone as less worthy because of theirs. I've found that the more frequent offenders - and again, I don't mean you in particular - are often in denial. No, not the river in Egypt.:)

Anyhow I have great respect for your knowledge of Scooters. I don't particularly care about your sexual preference, be it men, women, or barnyard animals. (OK - that was BA-AA-AA-AD! Fortunately few of them can read.) Can't we all discuss them - scooters, not critters...- without demeaning slurs? Maybe there's a flannel-wearin' gal out there who could l'arn ya somethin'! Let's not * her off.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
scooternewby
Spree
Spree

Post by scooternewby »

Well said Wheelman-111. . . well said. Your somewhat British sounding demeanor with underlying tones of comical jest always lighten up the threads around here. All the while, still staying quite informative!

Well done chap.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Gaiety

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

The distinguished Kenny says:"People might think your * but a scarf should work"

Leaving aside the syntax error, I got news for you, buddy; You're on a scooter! People already assume the rider is *. Unless she's female, which would make her something of a gearhead and so, ironically, also *.

And ya know what else? That's perfectly OK!

Although I personally have always preferred women, it's not my job to tell you what you should like. The one thing that makes me uncomfortable around here is the frequency of terms like "retarded" and "*" employed in a perjorative sense. I don't recall you bring a frequent offender, and hope you don't mind me using this comment as an example of speech - er... typing, actually, that could give offense, intended or not.

People with cognitive disabilities didn't choose to be so. The term 'retarded' is hurtful to them and to those that love them. Knock it off. Please.

Whatever your own attitude about sexual orientation, the same applies when you dismiss anyone as less worthy because of theirs. I've found that the more frequent offenders - and again, I don't mean you in particular - are often in denial. No, not the river in Egypt.:)

Anyhow I have great respect for your knowledge of Scooters. I don't particularly care about your sexual preference, be it men, women, or barnyard animals. (OK - that was BA-AA-AA-AD! Fortunately few of them can read.) Can't we all discuss them - scooters, not critters...- without demeaning slurs? Maybe there's a flannel-wearin' gal out there who could l'arn ya somethin'! Let's not * her off.
I fully agree with you. Like I said: "people might think". People being the general US population.

What the * is a balaclava? Its called a ski mask!
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
scooternewby
Spree
Spree

Post by scooternewby »

HAHA true, some call it a ski mask. We also call a ski cap(american) a tuque (canadian) :wink:
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

i think the local police would mosl likely pull me over if i drove a scooter during the winter months.

* i already got pulled over once this year for not riding on the curb :cry:
scooternewby
Spree
Spree

Post by scooternewby »

"NOT" riding on the Curb? Where are you? We are definetly NOT allowed to ride on the curbs here!!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

In MI your suposed to ride as close to the side of the road as possible so cars can illegally pass you easier and blow you off the road. The roads here suck and the middle is the only acceptable part for 10" tires to ride on.
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:In MI your suposed to ride as close to the side of the road as possible so cars can illegally pass you easier and blow you off the road. The roads here suck and the middle is the only acceptable part for 10" tires to ride on.

yup,

spot on exact,

but thankfully i knew the cop that pulled me over so i just got a warning.
Elite1998
Spree
Spree

Post by Elite1998 »

Just get one of those face hats.
Can't think of what they're called.
They cover your forehead, ears, most of your face and is long enough to get tucked into your shirt.
Should work wonders.
Honda Elite SA50-S

Stock motor, 9:1 gears, Kelli High speed pulley=a top speed of ?? Maxed the speedo out if that counts..average 45 mph
average 85 mpg
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Elite1998 wrote:Just get one of those face hats.
Can't think of what they're called.
They cover your forehead, ears, most of your face and is long enough to get tucked into your shirt.
Should work wonders.
Ski mask