A few questions on 2001 Elite

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Tickle Britches
Noob
Noob

A few questions on 2001 Elite

Post by Tickle Britches »

Hello all. I just purchased a 2001 Elite off ebay. 970 miles. I paid 950. IS that a good price? I know nothing about scooters. I looked up values on Kelly Blue Book and NADA, which had them listed at 1100 and 890, so I figured it was pretty close to both. There weren't too many for sale there or locally to compare prices too.

The speedometer stopped working after about 16 miles. I am now concerned whether the mileage is accurate. It could be purely coincidental as the scooter is 7 years old. I am assuming it is cable driven and moisture can sit in the bends of cables and deteriorate them until they break.

I am a heavy guy (290). The scooter bogs down on the slightest incline, usually 5-10 mph. It will make it up steep hills however, but is it slowing down this much normal? I certainly don't expect it too maintain 25-30, but I just want to make sure that it slowing down that much is normal.

What maintenance should I have done right away? I am assuming I should have the spark plug and air filter changed. Any other suggestions?
Thank you all for any help and guidance. I am disabled and I am going to use this as my primary means of getting around locally,as my wife takes the car to work everyday. I did not want to buy a cheap chinese crap scooter, so I saw the name Honda on it on ebay and figured I could not go wrong.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: A few questions on 2001 Elite

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Tickle Britches wrote:Hello all. I just purchased a 2001 Elite off ebay. 970 miles. I paid 950. IS that a good price? I know nothing about scooters. I looked up values on Kelly Blue Book and NADA, which had them listed at 1100 and 890, so I figured it was pretty close to both. There weren't too many for sale there or locally to compare prices too.
Depends on location, thats about right for michigan, double for hawaii, cut it in half pretty much anyplace else.

The speedometer stopped working after about 16 miles. I am now concerned whether the mileage is accurate. It could be purely coincidental as the scooter is 7 years old. I am assuming it is cable driven and moisture can sit in the bends of cables and deteriorate them until they break. Yep cable usually locks up and the plastic end in the front hub strips.

I am a heavy guy (290). The scooter bogs down on the slightest incline, usually 5-10 mph. It will make it up steep hills however, but is it slowing down this much normal? I certainly don't expect it too maintain 25-30, but I just want to make sure that it slowing down that much is normal. There are some factory restrictions that will give you some more speed/power depending on the model (is it a S or SR?).

What maintenance should I have done right away? I am assuming I should have the spark plug and air filter changed. Yep, you can do it yourself, real simple job. (assuming your disability does not prevent you from siting down and using a ratchet)Any other suggestions? Make sure to use Honda GN2 injection oil in the oil tank, if in doubt of what previous owner was running drain it out and refill with the honda stuff.
Thank you all for any help and guidance. I am disabled and I am going to use this as my primary means of getting around locally,as my wife takes the car to work everyday. I did not want to buy a cheap chinese crap scooter, so I saw the name Honda on it on ebay and figured I could not go wrong.You cant go wrong with a honda.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Tickle Britches
Noob
Noob

Post by Tickle Britches »

Thanks for your reply. It is an Elite S.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Pull off the exhaust pipe, there is a washer welded in the part that bolts to the motor (BE VERY careful not to lose the gasket), grind this out.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

elite S

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Dude...I'm a elite S freak..I race them on the street with HUGE BIG BORES...I suggest to get a malossi 72 big bore..its a nice bore..won't go slow..and it will give you much more horse power...for the up hills..also with that..if you need a pipe I'm selling a MINT tecnigas R pipe for your elite..I bought it but I changed my mind and bought another 1 because I use mine for street racing...and I bought a better pipe..but this pipe is beautiful...if you want any piks hit me up on my email..richardsuazo@tmail.com..I paid 200$ plus shipping...I just want 150$..the pipe has NO scratches,NO dents,its chrome and anodized blue..the only color it comes in...its a pretty nice pipe..perfect for 70cc-82cc bore... :D
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Re: elite S

Post by ALOW1 »

EliteS120ccJDM wrote:Dude...I'm a elite S freak..I race them on the street with HUGE BIG BORES...

I bought it but I changed my mind and bought another 1 because I use mine for street racing...

:roll:
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

got a 70cc airsal kit 4 sale..and tecnigas r pipe..will let go for CHEAP!!!
1998 honda elite S (purple)
Stroked out to 120cc
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

EliteS120ccJDM wrote:Dude...I'm a elite S freak..I race them on the street with HUGE BIG BORES...I suggest to get a malossi 72 big bore..its a nice bore..won't go slow..and it will give you much more horse power...for the up hills..also with that..if you need a pipe I'm selling a MINT tecnigas R pipe for your elite..I bought it but I changed my mind and bought another 1 because I use mine for street racing...and I bought a better pipe..but this pipe is beautiful...if you want any piks hit me up on my email..richardsuazo@tmail.com..I paid 200$ plus shipping...I just want 150$..the pipe has NO scratches,NO dents,its chrome and anodized blue..the only color it comes in...its a pretty nice pipe..perfect for 70cc-82cc bore... :D

who the * hacked in my s*** and posted this????*??
Stroked out to 120cc
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

EliteS120ccJDM wrote:
EliteS120ccJDM wrote:Dude...I'm a elite S freak..I race them on the street with HUGE BIG BORES...I suggest to get a malossi 72 big bore..its a nice bore..won't go slow..and it will give you much more horse power...for the up hills..also with that..if you need a pipe I'm selling a MINT tecnigas R pipe for your elite..I bought it but I changed my mind and bought another 1 because I use mine for street racing...and I bought a better pipe..but this pipe is beautiful...if you want any piks hit me up on my email..richardsuazo@tmail.com..I paid 200$ plus shipping...I just want 150$..the pipe has NO scratches,NO dents,its chrome and anodized blue..the only color it comes in...its a pretty nice pipe..perfect for 70cc-82cc bore... :D

who the * hacked in my s*** and posted this????*??
You posted that months ago. Good try on saying who hacked your stuff.

If somebody was going to hack your stuff they are not going to do it and then post one random post like that. They would mess with the account till you got banned.

If one of the Mod's checks the IP address of that post, I would bet money it matches the rest of your posts. IP addresses do not lie.
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

dude it wasnt me
Stroked out to 120cc
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

EliteS120ccJDM wrote:dude it wasnt me
You know its pretty hard to believe anything that you say. You have been caught telling numerous lies around here.

So I really dont know what to tell you.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Quit lying, we dont take kindly to your type around here.
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:
Quit lying, we dont take kindly to your type around here.

* is this??southpark?
Stroked out to 120cc
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Myself, please GTFO and never come back.
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Lmao...awww..sum1"s tight.
Stroked out to 120cc